THE IRONY OF IT ALL

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tis2flyyy

Re: THE IRONY OF IT ALL

Post by tis2flyyy »

JTF,

As usual, I agree on your points, you bring sage wisdom to the game. Got mad love for you for that, you know this.

BUT

I still would punch her in the head, on GP.

Once upon a time, I was told violence solves nothing.
Then, there was a time when something very disrespectful happened to me and violence was the only way to handle it.

Sometimes, the line is not always clear and drawn.

But hey, that is how I feel. Plus, I live in the wild, wild west where everybody has a gun and a beat down is a highly accepted method of regulating shit (I think they call it "gang banging"). One thing I learned off the top, out here in LA, the colors are for real - whether you thinks it is stupid or immoral or not.

When I first got to LA, I was like that gang shit is stupid as hell. But regardless as to how I thought of felt, these foolz were color crazy - reds, blues, oranges - EVEN purple (for the Grape Street Crips). & to be honest, the shit scarred the hell out of me. I mean, a gang banger has that devilish look in his eye - ya know? & they are EVERYWHERE out here, black, asian, armenian, russian, mexican (they are a WHOLE lot of these). You can be in Beverly Hollz or Compton - & you will see Gang Members. Living out here, I had to adapt. So, I keeps my game tight and my hand on my gun when I needs to, ya heard?

& a person can go around sprouting all that good preaching, high morals, non-violence stuff out here in LA and somebody will bust a cap in yo' azz, & that is real homeboy.

Different areas, different way of thinking. One thing I know for certain, Black people do NOT know BLACK History.

If they did, we would be MAY farther than we are today & would quit killing one another and committing acts that are annialating our race.

If you want to put a poster on a seat to represent a woman who stood up to the cracker shit in her day, then more power to them. But I say, take the costs of the effort, the paper, the tape and the ink and donate that in the form of bus passes for people who need assitance with transportaion for that day.

Now, if I see homegirl out this way in LA poppin' shit about a bus seat, I WILL be the one to put here azz in her place. First, I will try verbal tactics - like the article said happened in NY. But if she comes back with a stupid reply like "I have a right to sit here" - then she may very well run the risk of getting her azz dragged off of the bus by the whole 22nd Street Lime Gangsta Bloods! Then she will be looking like this, when the bus drives off and blows smoke in her face 8-o 8-O .

& JTF, I have mad love for Martin Luther DA King. I just am not about totally isolating myself to solving problems in the non-violent form (muslim upbringing, ya understand).

You see, I just started being a nice lady about three weeks ago. So, this is all new to me. Of course, I want to chill out a little, my tempers really bad. In my twentys, most definitely, I would have given that lady a beat down, three weeks ago, I may have cussed her out - real bad. Today - well today, I bite my lips and tongue alot and express myself about things on this site to get it out of my system.

Now, with all that said, my point was - to each his own on how to deal with the disrespectful chick.

& chick is NOT what I really wanted to say...but the nice lady in me prevailed...see? we are making progress!!

Peace
T
Where is the LOVE?
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bcddjjsc690,

I am hasppy I pleased you with that reply!

But I really meant it.
Where is the LOVE?
tis2flyyy

Re: IRONY

Post by tis2flyyy »

tamra,

Word.
Where is the LOVE?
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bcddjjsc690,

Forgetting to lower the flag? Man, that was just foul.

& JTF - allow me to say this - Liqour stores and lottery houses are found aplenty in the ghetto. In surburbia - you will be hard pressed to find either. Drugs were pumped into the urban areas because "darkies" were and are still believed to be animals. Black folks don't set themselves up for failure - the system is set is against us from the gate!

Stong minded blacks (such as myself) have a modicum of success, week minded one succumb. It is a viciuos cycle and one that Willie Lynch aided to set into place with his slave tactics.

Do you actually think that after watching your man get tarred and feathered for disrespecting his Massa, then tie his left leg to one horse and his right leg to another horse then send those horses running off in opposite directions to tear the tarred slave in half - do you actually think after seeing THAT, that the slaves were not like "Where the fuck is that boat at that brought me over here???? I want to leave N-O-W!!!!"

Take the black man away from the family unit & what do you have? A recipe for disaster, where the black woman has to become the efficient one. Black women trying to raise men - turn them into men and miserably failing due to the absence of the father. SIngle parent household are the norm in Black communities. No wonder she wound up years later resorting to taking a welfare check! See, you can not always knock someones hustle, for real.

The BLACK man is the most OPPRESSED and despised being on the face of this planet. Why?, because all other races are intimidated by his STRENGTH. The black man is the ORIGINAL MAN and knowledge came through him. I am getting in to Islamic teachings now, so I will not go there, but I will say that it is this simple fact that is aidding greatly in the downfall of our people. When the Black Man fully realized his worth and what he is capable of - then shit will change. & the family unit needs to be rejuvenated and revered. Not disbanding and treated with amoral indecentcies.

All though history you can see that the brainwashing of the slaves has Black people FU^&ED up as a whole. We populate the jails, the welfare roles, unemployment lines, the drug houses and the prisons more than any race on this earth. BUT we spend collectively over $300 billion dollars a year on all kinds of shit. With that type of buying power, we should have a voice & be making good things happen. But can't seem to want to unite long enough to do any good. We had our movement in the 60's and that time is gone just like Martin, Malcom & Medgar. What BLACK leader today can U name that is making head way like those three?

& the same tupe of shit is going on today - just at a different level.

Let me show you,

Most recently, I bid on a $345,000 contract. This is a renewal of a contract I currently maintain. My shiznit was in order & I am not even trying to floss. I am almost certain that I had one of the lower bids - but I was beat out by an outfit. Come to find out, I am competition to this group and have stolen some of its clients. In retaliation, my bid copy was secreted to them and they underbidded me. EVERYBODY involved were WHITE men. With my pit bull instincts, I managed to uncover some sheisty shit and gained proof from a disgruntled former party of the deal. This is how I found all of this out. I am currently suing their f-ing socks off - but look at the damamge done to my business. I lost the account and will have to lay off 3 people subsequent to year end. All becasue they do not want to see a Black sista get her's. I do not understand what the problem is, there is enough money out here for all of us to get some.

The shit makes ne want to holla & throw up BOTH of my hands. But what can we do?

I can not change who I am - so, I have to keep it pushing. I am seriously thinking of getting a partner in business - a white man - and appoint him as the Head Person in Charge - just to see if attitudes change towards my business.

Thanks for letting me vent....
Back to work
Big T
Where is the LOVE?
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tis2flyyy,

Don't ever change !
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

tis2flyyy,

You forgot something...

The stores where all this money is spent are never located in the cities. You have to go out to the suburbs, where they don't want you to live, but they want you to spend your money in the stores and get pulled over on a DWB rap...
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

JTF,

& that is REAL!!! You are soooo right.
Where is the LOVE?
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bcddjjsc690,

I am gonna keep it real, even though sometimes my view may differ from others. Good thread you started here, man.

Peace & One Love
Big T
Where is the LOVE?
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tis2flyyy,

I really didn't do much , I just logged in and joined absolutely the best site on the www., I joined because I love Richard Pryor , and I got to send him messages, But what I got in return was truly inspiring conversation , with points of view from all types of people from all over this great country ,and all over the world .
Topics that have made me think, laugh,and occationally cry.
I can't thank Richard and Jennifer enough for the bringing us ALL together . :) ):) :)
Who would have known ,one of the best actor /comedians of all time ,would have even more to give the world , as technology has moved into the 21 century,and the internet makes the world smaller ,by making it possible to communicate with anyone , anywhere, at the flick of a keystroke.The world was changed when a black woman , refused to give up her seat ,instead choosing to stay seated.
My world was changed when a black man stood up , and opened up his mind ,heart and soul ,forever touching mine ,and I'm sure ,many others .
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bcddjjsc690,
MAN, I got chillz when I read this.

Well said and DITTO!

You truly expressed EXACTLY what has been in my own heart lately. I have met some absolutely wonderful people here on this site & I truly enjoy this.

That black woman->Rosa Parks, changed my life - because of her and others alike, I - a young black woman, owns and operates her own business, making enough to live reasonably comfortable and send my son to college. & I do not give up no crumbs, believe me what I do not catch off the top, I cleans up off the bottom - stacking & counting my chips! For that, I am forever grateful she did not give up her seat.

& Mr. Pryor, words can not express what he means to me.

I, like you bcdd, am very thankful as well.

Man, well said.

Peace & Love,
Big T
Where is the LOVE?