Parents Should Be Ashamed......

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
abnormalandbitchy

Parents Should Be Ashamed......

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

Ok guys I just want others imput on this I recived as an email today and was fuming over .....
I did the responce so please forgive the typos im shit with spelling when im mad!

I recived this today and well im gonna respond and i hope some others might have some imput as well

This was the post

While listening to the radio this morning...the average time that parents spend with there children is 19 minutes per day....that's so sad! I understand that both parents have to work, but dammit...pay attention to your kids! I used to wonder why so many people were fucked up in this world...LACK OF PARENTING!!!!

What happened to family dinners? hang.. out with your kids...take them to the park, movies...SOMETHING!

I Cherish my relationship with my mother, we are friends....we actually like hanging out with each other...I never really had a relationship with my dad, and now that he's gone, I never will...

Kids may not remember the bad times after they are grown, but when you wonder about there grades, or why he/she is getting into trouble....Pay attention to what YOU can do to improve it....and DAMMIT...WHAT HAPPENED TO A GOOD OLD FASHIONED ASS WHOOPIN!?!?

I got whooped...and well...those in my family know that my sister got her share of "the belt"...NOTHING WRONG WITH STERN PARENTING!!!

NOW FOR MY RESPONCE, first dont believe everything you hear on a fucking radio or you statistic are what you goverment want you to hear, case in point 10 years ago there was abroadcast about ciggerettes haveing a cancer cureing agent in them, but no dont smoke cause ciggs give you cancer.Im am personal appalled that anyone would make such statements like this as to "Why so many are fucked up in the world" and what happened who a good ole ass whoppin, im glad you think that way helped you but personaly and i say this whole hartedly if it ends friendship pisses family members off or anything else o well.... Belts do not make a person, Fuck off with that bullshit , hittting a child with anything other then a hand specialy if that child is 4 or 5 is plain fucking stupid. bullshit the average parent spends 19 mins a day with their kids I am here 24 -7 My best friend is with her children 24-7 my husband works night shit and his her atleast 4 hours a day, did you consider that maybe that studie was for the rich fuckers who can spend millions on baby sitters and butlers and summer camps and other things so that they never have to care for their kid, while the rest of the world as parents struggle to make ever night time dinner, every night time tuck in a delight, everymorning to greet their child with a smile and a hug, i fucking ask you.... what happened to disaplining with love and understanding and a heart and not with the additude of beat it into them, did i get my ass beat you bet i did and i will frimly tell you to like hell it made me what i am. what it did teach me was fear, it taught me not to speak up for myself, it taught me to hide who i really am and more then anything it made me determined to raise my children diffrent do i use the palm of my hand to swat my child behinde yes i do but never will i use a belt to so call prevent them from being FUCKED UP!.... or maybe , just maybe according to u when my 6 yr autistic son is acting out i should take a belt and beat the shit out of him, im sure this will cure all his issues after all it made you such a well rounded person didnt it... so well educated and all knowing that you would insult parent based on a fucking radio broadcast fuck you!
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
Appaloosa

Re: Parents Should Be Ashamed......

Post by Appaloosa »

abnormalandbitchy,
i understand that....i know some people that had it all but the parents were too busy working so they paid for nannys an had workers tend to the childrens need at school....so maybe they can argue with the children and say that they contributed money for all this ....when it is really the time spent that they should do these things themselves and not hire others to do thier job....because people dont want the childrens problems or dont want the children in their face all the time or just plain dont want to be bothered....well they wonder why thier children dont turn out good.......that is all because they did not do thier job....and it is a job.....you teach children you dont let them be the boss ever....you are the parent they are the child......they dont know anything.....ya teach them things...i dont like the people that say they reprimand thier children an tell the children dont do that or else...but never follow up...they threaten but never do anything so the child knows this is a sham just never pays attention to the parent or what they say.....that is the way that works...my mother on the other hand was too busy being in the bars for days... weeks at a time....she didnt want to be bothered with us or our problems.....so there is a medium somewhere.....you can be strict but not confining.....if your strict you care ....if you let them do anything they want then you dont care....you dont have to be strict to the point of "mommy dearest".....but have some backsone and reprimand your children when they need it.....but again time is what they need........your time...not an employees time...not someone that is paid to do these things...children need the parents time....an attention and output...i am by far a not so perfect person....but i have good children and they resoect people....they dont let people run over them but they have respect for most....and they are polite.....
abnormalandbitchy

Appaloosa,
I agree children need time i was more annied with the so called study that parents only spend 19 mins with their children and the comment about a belt.I know myself I can say i havent been away from my children in 2 yrs minus my son and that when hes in the hospital and im with my other 2, inresponce to be strct yes you can be strct and teach your child its the job of parenthood,but the worlds changed in the reguard and ill tell you how from my personal experiance, my son is currently Labled an enigma by all Doctors he is 6 yrs old and they cant figure out exactly the issue even after 3 hospital stays , 2 brain scans and all the other things.Child Prtection services shows us 2 years ago and tells me im a neclegtful mother that theres nothing wrong with him i just havent done what i needed as far as disapline and teaching,so they have some bitch come to my home to watch me and my child and find the problems.so my son isnt listening and i cant get his attention so i take the palm of my had a swatt his butt... the same people who said this is all my fault that i wasnt disapline and neglected him now tell me im abusive.the goverment now says give your children choices let them make the decision their newset thing is LOve and Logic read this book and youll see why parents dont disapline anymore why we as parent dont know what to do anymore or what is right and wrong,after two years the other day some one from Child Protection come out again because some genius of the world has decided my child not got anything medicaly wrong hes just neglected so now that they know my son and what he is this is what they lady tells me , take him out and tie him to the tree and let him outside for a run.....WTF is this shit my son is not a dog my son is special my son is a gift, as i see parent today CANNOT win the system is set for no parent to have anyway to do anything with the child again another example read up a Rage Reduction Therapy... which was just suggested as a treatment for my 6 yr old son the things used in this treat are seen as abuse by most officals if a parent was caught doing them but let a doctor or trainned professional do it and its Medical treatment.all in all it is NOT the parents that are as bad as the world sees us we are trying and so im speaking out but take a look at the goverment. my children know the rules but what is the answer when no matter what you do they can and will take your child.
abnormalandbitchy

deepseas,
I love ya deep hell you know your likely better off without em you know once they hit 15 you gotta up grade to hand cuffs and whips and locking em in cellars to shut them what we call the fuck up. damn kids!
Ahhh i love this you made me laugh HUgs!!! :lol:
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

abnormalandbitchy,

hey in my day, the whole neighborhood raised the child. your neighbor disciplined ya, your teacher, and then your mother. it was like being raised by the CIA, everyone had their eye on ya.

and my mother worked 3 jobs but was always home for breakfast and dinner and laid down the law, anywhere.

I do not know who's raising today's kids at all, it's like they're afraid of them, because the kids have all the power today. 8-o I'm still in shock over seeing a child talk back to their parent in public AND LIVE to talk more smack. and that was in the late 80s. if that was me at any age, that would have been an ass whupping I'd STILL be talking about, while grinning at my momma w/all respect because I know she ain't playing!
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
abnormalandbitchy

tamra,
I agree with you, I was the same way my granmother teachers churches anyone who was around would tell you where your place was as a child however my mother was viciously abusive, there for i dont use a belt but ill damn sure use my hand to swat my kids ass if it gets their attention but i tell ya the goverments stoping all that, my daughter is bi-polar and on medications think god, but take this when she was 5 she was extreamly violent throwing kitchen chairs toys books kicking hitting biteing punching head butting me now doctors seen this, do you think i was allowed to touch her hell no id have been in jail fast then you can say here kitty kitty,so the systems fucked parent frankly, i mean they tell you your kids out of control and then tell you not to touch them. and try telling your judges that your kids out of your control you know what they do take the child away social services recommends i put my son in a residental treatment center because he is " so hard to handle" wtf do they want all Special children druged and drooling like back in the old days. as parents today we live under diffrent rules and can not win
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

abnormalandbitchy, I gave up my carrer to be a stay at home dad and raise my child, I am blessed beyond belief, watching this little boy grow up to be his own little person. He only gets a swat on the butt with my hand once in a while as needed. He is not affraid to come to me when he has a problem and he is not affraid to tell me when I am wrong. We need a post like yours to remind us once in a what works and what does not work raising children. It is so easy for parents to get so busy doing their own thing and forget about theier children and next thing you know they grow up and move out and they do not come and visit on the holidays, and the parents sit back and wonder why. Who would have thunk it?