Passion

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Visitor

Passion

Post by Visitor »

If you haven't seen "the passion of christ" yet, check it out. Very powerful and moving. Fuck all the controversy and politics, be open minded, check it out, and take it for what it's intended to be. I think everyone should see it, regardless of your religious beliefs or views. It touches you as a human. Congratulations to Mel Gibson for pulling it off, and putting together a very great film. Perfect timing.
Inkblot

Re: Passion

Post by Inkblot »

I'll second that... It was a really good film and quite moving. My girl and I saw it last Thursday and I must say afterwards I dug out my bible from my Sunday School days long ago and tried for a reconnection with my faith.

I may still be able to trade in my one-way ticket to Hell after all...

Inkblot
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Inkblot,

its pretty intense. probably one of the more violent films i seen in a while. but they did a good job of upholding continuity.

gareth
Richard_Pryor
The Man In Charge

Post by Richard_Pryor »

Gareth,
upholding continuity? I mean- you're kidding right?
austinredz29

Post by austinredz29 »

LMAO on this one movie website the ycredited god as the writer i wanna see god accept the oscar lol.
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

Richard_Pryor,

i should have been more clear i suppose... i meant more like... as far as using all the proper languages, such as latin for the romans... and the sort of torture devices used, and clothes worn. it seemed like a well represented setting.

although, i must admit. i am in no position to comment on the story. i am not the most studious when it comes to religous findings.

sorry for the confusion

gareth
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

oops... forgot to sign in. silly visitor forum.

gareth
cire

Post by cire »

Mel Gibson said something interesting about his film...“It’s a strange thing. But in watching it, I’ve found it’s actually purged me. I’ve never experienced a film like it.” I remember feeling the same way, but wasn't sure how to describe it. I guess he did for me. Anyway, there is a lot of information on the website. check it at. http://www.thepassionofchrist.com

---cire
I also forgot to sign in when i started the topic. my fault.
"And the Prayer is...How Long, will this shit go on?"
funkycomic

Post by funkycomic »

Gareth,
man the movie did not show Jesus as being a black man. so as far as I am concerned, them muthafuckas dont care about the truth. if you are only telling 25% of the truth, then you are a lying muthafucka!!
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

funkycomic,
damn right. they still have a hot white boy actor playing jesus. i mean come on! he's from the middle east!