Do you know your Ricard Pryor Comedy album History....?

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Visitor

Do you know your Ricard Pryor Comedy album History....?

Post by Visitor »

Greetings I'm a new member to the site. I've been a working comedian since I was 16 years old (and still not famous) but with the growing popularity of black comedy today can you name the comedian that has the most purchased comedy albums...? Richard Pryor.

Q: Can you name three records very very rarely heard?
A: 1. Black Ben the Black Smith
2. Richard Pryor goes Foxx Hunting
3. Was it something I said?

Q: Can you name Richard Pryor's first Film debut...?
A: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad world...He plays a detective.

Q: Or the name of the Stand up film taped in a restaurant...?
A: Still Smoking

I can go on and on, but you know your history....ha ha ha ha.

For all those new jacks. Richard Pryor was first comedian to do a full album in character...Black Ben the black Smith.
check it out sometime. And all the characters that Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence do that are funny? Go rent Which way is Up? See how its really done. Ok enough of my ranting....here's an easy one. And something for us fans and comics to ponder.....Who was the 1st actor to have a multi-studio picture deal? And had a Saturday morning kids show on NBC? You guessed it RICHARD PRYOR. Now let's see what you know?
Richard_Pryor
The Man In Charge

Re: Do you know your Ricard Pryor Comedy album History....?

Post by Richard_Pryor »

Visitor,
It's called "ALive and Smokin'" -otherwise-i am impressed
cire

Post by cire »

"Black Ben the Black Smith" must be rare because I can't seem to find that one anywhere. The search continues. But I wouldn't call "Is it Something I Said?" rare, or rarely heard though...that's the album Mudbones was introduced on. Classic!
"And the Prayer is...How Long, will this shit go on?"
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

cire,
Black Ben will be re-released this spring-on another Rhino/Wb anthology-that album/cd is Chris Rock's favorite! And since we are finding original tapes(and 3/4 inch reel to reels)-this will be a newly edited version and some unreleased along with it! ;)
jlp
cire

Post by cire »

Jennifer,
Sounds good, I've been wanting to hear that album for a while now. I'll definitely be looking for that release. Thanks for the info. 1
"And the Prayer is...How Long, will this shit go on?"