The Real Deal.....Jack

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Robbie

Re: The Real Deal.....Jack

Post by Robbie »

Visitor,
Ms. Vee, I apologize for calling you a brotha...Sistah. I respect your opinion and just as you said this isn't high school....then maybe your not a comedian...To most of us It's like being on the Varsity team and everyone is a 1st & 2nd Stringer. Everyone knows your name(or at least in my case :lol: ) And everyone wants to score for dear old Dad (Richard Pryor) who was the School's only alumni that got the game and the sport noticed. This is like high school, with different students working to pass, and with some bookworms working hard doing it right, and with some asshole sitting next to them copying there hard work; and getting credit. Everyone knows who the smart kids are, and everyone knows who the skaters are. I know that I will make a name for myself there will never be anyone like me, but if you seek something just for fame or money it will come and go. I've been a comedian for a long time and I've seen people come and go. Comics you've seen on t.v. and in the movies, I know one who's now a janitor in St. Louis, another that moved to New Orleans, and three others on crack; and they wanted to be famous. This is a art form, a way of expression. If you listened or watched any of Richards tapes or concert films, he was a expressionist! Not only of the strugles of the black community, but of the age group of his time, and he mostly expressed himself to his audience through his eyes; with all his questions, doubts,frustrations, and passions; delivered through characters, stories and his stage persona. George Carlin express' his anger at the government the same way. This is a art, a craft and if you loose that, then the greedy, will always be needy. Good luck and god bless you in your search to express yourself, as i often do...successfully..

Robbie Peron
Robbie Peron making audiences laugh since 1986...Beer making ugly people look attractive since 1786.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Robbie,and Vee-
Got to set the record straight on Eddie Griffin-if anyone saw Dysfunctional Family it was -practically frame by frame-Richard's Live in Concert-(aka Live at Longbeach)-now we love Eddie, he's a friend, hell Richard was on an episode of Malcom and Eddie too, Robbie but that doesn't change that fact that he has stolen from Richard in a way that is most obvious even to non-comics! He didn't even spin it-he put some of his own shit in there-thank god! But 7/8 of that movie was a lift-and i think it's a shame cause Eddie is talented and if he would do his own thing instead of trying to be Richard, right down to all the women and babies and the heart-attack, then Eddie would find his own voice and place in the history of comedy!
;)
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Jennifer,
Hi, I'm not desputing the fact that he lifted most of Richards jokes. Eddie has been a friend of mine for years, I was there on the set when he had his heart attack. Paul Mooney would always say when every Eddie got on stage, "homey..there goes Richards shit....there goes my shit...and there goes some more of our shit...Eddie Griffin original..homey please". I've seen theivery for at the highest level for years. It's terrible no matter who does it. Like I've said before, I've seen a few comics use other people's material and get development deals from it. I just can't do it. I'll just stay original, it may take me longer but I'm happy.
Robbie Peron making audiences laugh since 1986...Beer making ugly people look attractive since 1786.
Aindiscute

Post by Aindiscute »

Richard_Pryor,

Mr. Muthuhfugkin' Pryor:

I always saw you as a continuation of Moms. I still dream of her gumming me. If you didn't have teeth I'd probly dream of you, too ('cept I ain't queer).
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

Aindiscute,
you're a freak! :lol:
Richard_Pryor
The Man In Charge

Post by Richard_Pryor »

cbreez0101,
I agree with you-he's a freak-but i like the whole mom's thing -she was great!
richard
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Richard_Pryor,
Who else other than Moms Mabley did you appreciate coming up?
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Aindiscute,

yeah, lol. you are a freak. hahaha
Jim Mendrinos

Post by Jim Mendrinos »

Richard_Pryor,

Just listened to Moms Mabley at the Playboy club -- She wasn't shy about talking about anything! Very funny lady.