The Real Deal.....Jack

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Visitor

The Real Deal.....Jack

Post by Visitor »

Look, Since I've been a member on this site, I've heard everyone talk about Eddie Murph, Martin Lawrence and Sara Silverman. I thought tis was Richards Site?

Listen
First: Damn near every comic you've seen on T.V. has Ripped off Richard Pryor, If you don't beleive me then Go rent, Eddie Murphy Raw,and Delirious, then compare it to Richard Pryor Live on the sunset Strip. Then If you like the Klumps, Nutty Professor, Distinguished Gentelman, then Rent, Which way is up and Greased Lightning. You'll see the original then the Eddie Murphy Remake. If you liked Shanaenae, or Otis or the Little boy from Martin..then Go rent the Flip Wilson show the 2nd Season as well as the Richard Pryor show, and you can see the original charaters way before the '90s. Sara Silverman is a actress that is trying to do comedy just like Eve Plumb aka Jan Brady of the brady bunch, Dustin Diamond aka Screech for Saved by the Bell, and other Unfunny Fucks that are doing comedy not for the craft. But to be better at Improviation.

In comedy You have your...

1.) Clean Comics...Bill Cosby, Timmy Rodgers, Sinbad, AJ Jamal, Jonathan Slocolmb.

2.) Social/Political Satarist....Dick Gregory,George Carlin, Dennis Miller, Denis Leary, Bill Mahar.

3.) Tell it Like It Is.... RICHARD PRYOR, REDD FOXX.

Everyone else pretty much follows what was done before them. myself included.

Your trying to compare the father to the son...by no means can Murphy or Lawrence do or compare to Richard Pryor, They just make comedy more flashy, and Loud. The Rock Stars of comedy. I don't hate the players, it's just the Game is fucked. And when you speak out of your asses Idol worshiping other comics that haven't pioneered the art then it is insulting.
Big money paychecks, selling out arena's and Filmed comedy concerts,Comedy Recordings Started with this man, and a few others like him.

So now that I spoke my mind......as Richard once said....."NOW WHAT YA GONNA DO NIGGA."
Richard_Pryor
The Man In Charge

Re: The Real Deal.....Jack

Post by Richard_Pryor »

Visitor,
Preach motherfucker, preach! I am laughing and appreciating you brother! Are you a comic?
Love Richard
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

Visitor,

If you're a member, why did you post this as a Visitor? In regards to what you wrote, it's already been said. As for mentioning other comics, Mr. Pryor himself has commented on the comedic talents of other comics he enjoys like Bill Hicks for example.

There's no need to express your loyalty using such an antagonistic tone. I'm sure Mr. P feels your love everytime you log on ;)
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Richard_Pryor,
Thanks for the Love....By the way this is Robbie Peron....If ya don't know now ya know
Robbie Peron making audiences laugh since 1986...Beer making ugly people look attractive since 1786.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Richard_Pryor,
and They always don't show my name just Visitor when I post...but thats cool the truth live on...I'm just the messeneger
Robbie Peron making audiences laugh since 1986...Beer making ugly people look attractive since 1786.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

SweetLuchia,
mention is one thing, but look and read some of these posts...? I'm just voicing my opinion. and not loyalty..... I read, analyze, then comment. I just expressed my views, just as you have in this post. Difference of opinions are like material we all some of the same premises but we have different deliveries.

Your opinion has been noted :lol: :lol:
Have a good night Luchia.
Peace
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

Hey Robbie,

It's cool. I thought you were just some dude poppin and duckin out:lol: but you've made many contributions to this site with your posts so if you felt the need to vent I'm glad you did. And although I thought your tone was somewhat antagonistic, I do agree with you 100%.
Let me see if I can put your original post into "Luchia Language"...Red Foxx was the Moses of Stand Up and Richard Pryor was the Jesus B-)
Amen!!!
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

Visitor,

"who is this man in my kitchen???" LOLOLOL

Nigga, I don't know who you are but how you gonna say so much shit and not share your name or alias? whatever Bro. But listen, this is the Richard Pryor site and being that as it is...we can talk about who the fuck we want to talk about. Richard is about speaking the truth. Ain't nobody lying about Eddie, Martin or Sara Silverman. We are speaking our truths. It's all about comedy man and everybody has an opinion.

Yes...every one bites from Richard. You forgot to mention Eddie Griffith and Damon wayons. The biggest of the biters. I don't konw about Sara being Jan Brady but...whatever. It's Your Opinion. I personally don't see it at all. I see a money maker in Sara. sooner or later...she'll have her own TV series. Personally, I think you're hating on the comedian/actor. But that's just me........

Another thing...when it comes to the Entertainment business....People get into this business because they want to be famous. That's just the name of the game. But listen to this...If you are a comemdian, actor, commercial artist or singer....if everyone does not know your name...your are not famous. You may be popular but you are not a celebrity. It's not like high scshool. Do you get my drift????

"NOw that I spoke my mind".....Niggga What!!!!?

Is
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

That is the key issue...too many entertainers, hardly any real artists. Everyone just takes what's been done, and they know works, and rolls with that. True artists are damn near non existent, especially on the mainstream level. Not many folks have their heart in their craft, and push the next level. Everyone is staying in the comfort zone, even if they're fooling folks into beleiving they're raising the bar or going against the grain...it isn't happening these days. Great art is timeless. That should be the main goal. If you do that, there's a good chance fame and $$ will be there.
Richard always raised the bar. Way, way up. He's an artist that will never be topped. Too much dynamic, timeless material. You can connect RP's material to any aspect of life, and I find myself randoming quoting his lines in many day to day instances, just for to amuse myself. If you're gonna take something from a great artist, take there approach, their thought process, their dedication, not the actual material...crab ass biters.
There's a line from a book about Richard that I read that made a damn good point. "But there was a catch, a huge one, that Hollywood has yet to fathom. No American movie star's career has ever depended less on his on-screen performances." Now that's a true artist. one love.

---cire
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Visitor,
I love what everyone is saying-this is real discourse-real discussion and Luchia-redd-moses-richard-jesus-good one-many good things here-
I just want to add that on this visitor forum-it is open to non-members so if you don't log in we don't know who you are and your names aren't avitared-and since I have grown an affection for all the regulars in this club Richard-I do wish we could know the members when they speak!!!So log in peeps!! love to all-jenny