long-delayed Nina Simone biopic starring Zoe Saldana will finally be released this year

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

long-delayed Nina Simone biopic starring Zoe Saldana will finally be released this year

Post by tamra »

:clap: RT @RollingStone: The long-delayed Nina Simone biopic starring Zoe Saldana will finally be released this year www.rollingstone.com/music/news/long-delayed-nina-simone-biopic-sets-december-release-20150911
Long-Delayed Nina Simone Biopic Sets December Release

Controversial, long-delayed 'Nina' explores rise of legendary singer-songwriter/activist

By Ryan Reed September 11, 2015

Nina, the long-delayed Nina Simone biopic starring Zoe Saldana in the title role, will hit theaters in December, with RLJ Entertainment acquiring North American rights to the project, Entertainment Weekly reports.

Written and directed by Cynthia Mort, the film chronicles Simone's struggles to balance social activism with her acclaimed music career, which included 15 Grammy nominations and legendary songs like "Feeling Good" and "My Baby Just Cares For Me." Nina also touches on the isolation Simone felt living alone in France, where she met her assistant Clifton Henderson (David Oyelowo).

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z3lVXdWhAA
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Last edited by tamra on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.