All dogs hate me..

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
TurtleBeoulve

All dogs hate me..

Post by TurtleBeoulve »

I've recently been on a quest to get my family a dog and oh my god was this the wrong idea to come up with. Now keep in mind that I'm not just judgemental on a cuteness factor, I have a rather large apartment but it is still an apartment, so there are size restrictions and the comunity has breed restrictions. Plus I have a three year old so there is the child compatibility issue. So we went to all the local shelters first and for some reason in this area, every fucker has to try and breed their own pitbulls and they are left to the pound and it's really fucking sad, but I couldn't do shit about it because of the restrictions. We found a total of 2 dogs that were of the correct size, not a restricted breed, would be gentle with my daughter, and didn't start barking crazily at me like I was the devil. And those two were already spoken for in the process. So we slumped away with our tails between our legs from that idea and decided to look in to a pet store. We found one dog that we all fell in love with and bonded with it immediately and then come to find out it was 600$. MOTHERFUCKER!!! We didn't pay that much in medical costs on my daughters birth, I'm not paying that for a dog. I'm looking for a dog that'll be a part of the family, not a possesion of it. When the hell did dogs become a collectors item. So now I'm just looking through the papers and having no freakin luck whatsoever, everyone is AKC pure bred blah blah blah blah blah. Don't dogs ever miscelaneously fuck anymore and have bastard pups that need to be given away anymore. Christian right wingers have put morals in to our dogs as well I guess.
cbrodie13

Re: All dogs hate me..

Post by cbrodie13 »

TurtleBeoulve,

All of the dogs I have had have come from shelters or rescue centers and they have been the best pets ever (my cats too). I have a 1 year old Jack Russell that we got from a rescue center and she is such a joy. I say never go to a pet store...they are often sick and way too expensive. Rescuing a pet in need is the best way to go.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

cbrodie13,
Absolutley---and there are so many!
TurtleBeoulve

Post by TurtleBeoulve »

astonamous,

I don't have anything against pitbulls or anything, it's just that in this area, they are bred as viscious accesories to an outfit and it's a really sad thing that this has become a trend. We had a guy in the neighborhood I used to live at that after he moved away, it was found out that he was keeping the house there as just a place to breed dogs for fighting. This is in the neighborhood where my daughter would go out and play. If one of those got out and saw my small daughter playing around after this dog has been trained to hate and kill everything it sees, do you think it would have thought twice about attacking her. And going to the pound the other day and seeing just how many of them were there just brought the point home at how rampant the problem is in this area. On a lighter note, I did find a good resource to do my search, Cragslist.com. I had one awesome dog set up but the person never responded for the final pickup so that fell through but I have a few leads through that site after I just put up a post that described my situation and I'm getting a lot of good response. Plus it's all localized to this area. Who knew that finding a family dog would be such an involved process.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

astonamous,
nice lookin dog.....if it was only a yeller dog.....ayee
Surferchicklet

Post by Surferchicklet »

TurtleBeoulve,

I don't know where you're located, but check out one of these... they are the best kid dogs ever...

http://www.englishshepherd.org/ - English Shepherds'

http://www.nesr.info/ - Eng Shep Rescue site'

And TBW, yes dogs do get togetherand make bastard pups... most end up killed in animal shelters or being used for research... morals? Responsible pet ownership and having pets spayed, most call it. The first time I've ever heard someone complain about there being to much of it.

On second thought, don't check out the link. They are great kid dogs, but not good stranger dogs and they shed like a bitch... you'd hate them.
<font color=blue>Feelin' blue in a red state...</font color>
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

astonamous,
She's a beauty---and right on---match you up!