Sad Day Here

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Oskit6

Sad Day Here

Post by Oskit6 »

Hi folks, sorry but, it's a sad day here. We lost our little stud. The baby that we were baysitting for, but quickly became a member of the family,(Because his original mommy didn't want him) met the pit bull mix next door. He didn't make it long enough to go to the vet. We still can't figure out how he got into the other dogs' pen when we let him out to potty (wonder if the neighbor kid didn't help), but (I guess) it happens. Guess we needed another guardian angel. Dunno??? I am still in tears as I type. One good note, he got all the love and attention his little heart desired in his last hours. We will miss the little snott. But all his habits we will miss even more. I guess his purpose on earth was done, since he went so quick. Not even enough time to call the vet again. Trust me I called as soon as we knew he was hurt. He got all kind of cuddling and kisses in his last few hours, in our bed, where he always slept. He just got really bad in a matter of minutes. I just take comfort in knowing that we were all hugging and petting him in his last few minutes, instead of being in a cold vets office without his family there.
I just take comfort in knowing that we still have 6 of his babies that will stay in the pen or the house to carry on the legacy. And trust me they will have the most love and caring any animals' could ever have. They will NEVER know where the neighbor's dogs' pen is. I PROMISE!!!
Country living is great, but it too has it's ups and downs. The babies can chase ducks and turkeys in the pen. Or help me plant flowers around their daddys' grave outside the pen.
Thanks for letting me share my sorrow.
P. S. Have a wonderful Rose bush to go on the Max's grave. He was one of a kind!