Family Reunites With Dog Lost In 1999 Tornado

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
JTF
XXX

Family Reunites With Dog Lost In 1999 Tornado

Post by JTF »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/family/44 ... etail.html - Family Reunites With Dog Lost In 1999 Tornado'

6 Years After Oklahoma Tornado Outbreak, Family Recovers Long Lost Canine

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Six years after the disastrous May 3, 1999, tornadoes that left a swath of destruction through Oklahoma City, people are still finding things they lost in the chaos -- but those stories are likely nothing compared to the story of a dog that was recently reunited with her family in Choctaw after six years.

During the events of six years ago, many things were lost in south Oklahoma City and surrounding suburbs -- including pets. Ginger, a Dalmatian belonging to the Collins family, was only a puppy when she was lost in the storm.

"All these years went by, and I always thought, 'Where would she be if she was still alive?'" said Ginger's owner, Amy Collins.

Collins said she happened to be looking on the Rocky Spot Rescue Web site and thought she saw her dog.

"I thought, 'There's no way this dog can be on there,'" she said.

On Easter Sunday 2005, Collins and her family went to the shelter -- and sure enough, it was their long lost dog.

"They say a dog never forgets a scent, and that's how she recognized us -- by our scent -- and she just went crazy when she saw us," she said.

Ginger not only survived the tornado. She was also hit by a car and had hip surgery. Then, Collins said, someone shot her.

"Right here, she has a bullet in her back," she said.

The dog was abandoned at least once after another family adopted her, moved away and left her tied to a tree. She was also attacked by a pit bull that left scars on her face.

"She's had some miles on those feet," Collins said.

Now, Ginger has a safe place to sleep in Collins' bed. Although she can't talk, Ginger is finally breathing a big sigh of relief.

Along with the buckshots in her back, Ginger also has an implanted microchip. If she does happen to get lost again, almost any veterinarian or shelter can scan her chip and bring her back home quickly.

The Collins family has two other dogs as well -- a Labrador Retriever and a Dachshund that took a while to warm up to Ginger. But after all Ginger had been through, a feisty miniature dog wasn't going to stop her from coming home.

Ginger's family said all the dogs now get along just fine.
bcddjjsc690

Re: Family Reunites With Dog Lost In 1999 Tornado

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

JTF,

B-) [Font size=4 face=s color=Maroon]AWESOME !![/font]
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

bcddjjsc690,
Damn man were you at ....I guess you said 300 posts and fuckit!!! :lol:

WOW I just posted this and didn't realize I had 2800 my damn self!!! 8-o 8-o
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

bingolong,
Never....... B-) just been working stready, back into the grind...
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

JTF,
I had a similar occurence some time ago. Apache was a white shepard and the smartest dog ever. I left him with dad and the step bitch when I went in the army and they promptly gave him away to some people near Andover. After I got stationed at Bliss I went to kansas to pick him up since they never mentioned they had got rid of him, even when I called a few days before to tell them I was coming to get him...several years later I was living back in Kansas when the Andover Tornado (you might have seen the film of people hiding under a bridge as the tornado went by)left a lot of pets and people homeless so I went to the pound to adopt one and there was Apache, he even still had his leather collar with metal name plate. He was very old but still responded to some of the games we used to play. I tried to get him but he had been reserved for surviving family members so I ended up taking a chocolate lab home, that poor dog jumped through a window during a thunderstorm the third night home, he was sitting next to my chair watching the tube when the lightning hit near our house and crash he was gone, we never did find him.
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
koda

Post by koda »

JTF,
Maaan whattan AWESOME story! Made me cry!!! What a fantastic reunion!

Hellifiknow...That's amazing you found your dog and so sad about the one that was frightened so from the storm! Life would suck shit (even more than it does) without our fur kids!!!
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/post_attach/cat caught mouse says AWESOME sgmc.jpg[/img]
Those who laugh...LIVE!