Baxter

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
JTF
XXX

Baxter

Post by JTF »

My mother has had Baxter for 13 years. He's been fighting cancer for the last two, but the cancer has won. He has gone downhill fast, and it turns out the cancer has hit his liver. Saturday he started to get shaky, and now he can't even walk or stand on his own. Me moans frequently and won't eat anything (this dog would eat anything, as evidenced by the bird he ate while I was visiting at Easter)

He will be put to sleep tonight. He will be missed. He was a good dog, the best my mother ever had...

[img]https://richardpryor.com/links/Baxter2003.jpg[/img]
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... er2003.jpg[/img]
RINKYMOMMA

Re: Baxter

Post by RINKYMOMMA »

JTF,
So sorry to hear about Baxtar, on a happier note he is not in pain anymore & this poem can say it better.

Just this side of Heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER...
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

RINKYMOMMA,

Thanks. I'll pass this on to my mother. She held him when he died and is a little bit of a wreck tonight.

I did make her laugh at one thing. I told her that he's somewhere with grandma, getting hit with a cane and called "Bastard" (she just couldn't say Baxter for some reason...) :)
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

JTF,
I am crying-i am so sad for your mom and you!
I couldn't open your attachment-shit-can you just post the pic-ask Chris to do it-please -we need to honor him!!! :(
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

JTF:
There is a website-RAINBOWBRIDGE-and you can post Baxter's name. I did when I lost my Emmett-the love of my life!! It's a really good place to go and commiserate with the rest of the folks who've lost their darling animals! :(
RINKYMOMMA

Post by RINKYMOMMA »

the website is
http://www.rainbowbridge.org - Rainbow Bridge'

if you dont like clicking links, just copy & paste address
http://www.rainbowbridge.org
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

Thanks everybody. I sent my mom your responses. she said she was in tears. She had heard about rainbow bridge, but didn't know where to find it. It was tough on her and my sister, but he's not in pain anymore and, well, we got 13 good years out of him, and the scars to prove it!

P.S. yes, I felt it too, but in addition to saying my goodbyes at Easter (I had a feeling) I got to be the big tough guy... b.b

Thanks. Love you all (I truly am glad to be here...) :)
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

JTF,
Oh shit-crying again. Baxter was a gorgeous baby!!
Our thoughts are with you and your mom and Baxter! :-x