How Did You Pick That Name ??

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
RINKYMOMMA

How Did You Pick That Name ??

Post by RINKYMOMMA »

Just curious, lots of us have pets & just wondering " how did you pick your pets name "??
My clan :

Rooroo - the shelter named him Arthur, I wanted something cute, so the pokemon movie, (1st one) I feel in love with the mutated ones & blastiose name was "shell shocker" but in the japanese movie they state it as rooroo.

Skippy - when I rescued him from the demon family around the corner, I figured it was easier to keep to his name, he was already through so much drama & abuse.

Sidney - I had just finished watching the movie " guess who's coming to dinner " & love Sidney Poitior role in that movie, so hes named after him.

Luther - Luther Vandross had a stroke & I just found out about it & was beside myself in grief, I wanted to keep his name alive in case he died, so heres to Luther kitty.

Momma - although she is the youngest, she is the biggest & because skippy is a wuss, momma is top dog in this house.
JTF
XXX

Re: How Did You Pick That Name ??

Post by JTF »

RINKYMOMMA,

The Kidd: Named after Prince's character in Purple Rain. I added an extra "D" because I am original. :D

Jasper(my sister's dog): She remamed him Jasper because she did not like his original name "Freeway." She got him from a shelter that rescued him walking on a (drumroll please) freeway! Jasper came up as a name due to his being a dalmation mix and she loves the "101..." film.

Baxter(R.I.P.): My mother did not name her former pal. Se got him at 6 months old from a friend who couldn't keep him and kept it his name cuz it fit.
MamaJanis

Post by MamaJanis »

RINKYMOMMA,

The pets I currently have:

Mouse - weird name for a cat, but that's what her meows sounded like when she was a kitten. We took her in as a stray and she is such a sweet cat.

Guenhwyvar - after the magic panther in R.A. Salvatore's books.

Ulmo - it a fish, and that was Tolkien's sea god, so it seemed like a cool choice.

My dog Katie is a few years gone now, kidney failure, but I can't recall that there was anything interesting about her name. I was 10 or so and it just sounded good, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are ghosts in my sinuses.
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

MamaJanis,

When I was a fid I named a cat "Frankenberry" I guess I must have liked strawberry mushrooms...

I also had one I named C.B. after a toy CB radio. I was a dumb kid... I musta named animals after whatever I saw in front of me at the time!
hubpluh

Post by hubpluh »

RINKYMOMMA,
Sugar: cause she was all black except for her two front toes and some spots on her tail that were white. For two reasons actually-
1) Cause you wouldn't expect a blaack dog to be named after something white... I was big into opposites at that time...
2) It looked like she stepped in a pile of sugar.
I called her my sugar booger wooger, so I called her just 'Booger' a lot for short. I miss her :( she passed a couple of years ago. She was a 1/2 cocker spaniel 1/2 chow.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

hubpluh,
Time for a new rescue in your beautfiul life!!
hubpluh

Post by hubpluh »

Jennifer,
Yea I know. We have two dogs now, they belong to my parents. They are adorable! Really fat. My brother rescued one that we nicknamed Bullet (because someone had shot her for going in through their farm) and ended up with a bullet lodged right next to her spinal cord. Luckily, she doesn't have any symptoms and walks fine, so it was safer to leave it in. We also have 4 cats (that I'm not extremely fond of) and a fish. We definatley need more animals!! :D
Oh, this is Dixie and Daisy... Dixie's the super fat one.

):) ):)
hubpluh

Post by hubpluh »

astonamous,
That is funny! Kitty is a great name! :lol:
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

hubpluh,

I'm with you on cats. I don't have anything in particualr against them, they just don't seem to like me. Mad one, he ran away to join a pack of strays. I've been attacked by cats too...
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

hubpluh,
Oh these babies are great. Poor bullet baby-sick fucks who put it there!But may I suggest a little wieght loss, it's healthier for the doggies-it really is-just like for us two legged types!!!
How cute they are-thanks for putting these up! ):)