Please follow this amazing journey if you haven't already

Tell us why you love dogs. If you hate dogs, get the fuck out.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Please follow this amazing journey if you haven't already

Post by tamra »

A Journey on the road with my buddy Spirit! http://forums.richardpryor.com/forums/m ... 7&forum=24

hopefully "Beemerchef" continues his updates, plus his dog is really cute *dog crush* :D :cheer:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
arawithspirit

Re: Please follow this amazing journey if you haven't alread

Post by arawithspirit »

I found it!

Tentative book front cover and excerpts. TX

We are literally coming up for air being in between the second and third edits of our book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash". I am realizing we [Spirit also!] have so totally hibernated and as the second edit ended yesterday, I felt as my fuses had blown.

I read today, written by "Anais Nin":

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect"

It has been three months of intense retrospect.

Our editor loves the book, I posted some excerpts just yesterday on our journal and the feedback has been very positive. Myself? an opinion? I don't know... besides finding our past seven years having been interesting mental and physical path with positive choices made.
We live in such a beautiful country, everyone of course has a taste of their own when it comes to the outdoors, we ourselves try to find the desolate beauty which surrounds us.

I want to say "we will be off for about a week"! It does sound kind of strange as being off 24/7, yet in contrast with these past months it does make sense to me as I have no doubt Spirit also agrees.
We are off towards Big Bend National Park. I already know some corner will be waiting for us and the cameras will be put to work again.

As a good friend of ours said the other day "there is no deadline for this book, is there?". My answer was "not really". Maybe another month or so.

We do miss the road and the unknown behind every boulder seen.

Till next time.

8th Year, the Stars, living under them…

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal
Stay well, Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

:wback: COOL! glad to see you here!! :cheer: and say :hello: to Spirit!

oh and sorry about the signup approval, there's a pesky spammer problem, they won't just :plzdie: hehe FINALLY able to use that smiley hahaha
---
arawithspirit

Post by arawithspirit »

tamra wrote::wback: COOL! glad to see you here!! :cheer: and say :hello: to Spirit!

oh and sorry about the signup approval, there's a pesky spammer problem, they won't just :plzdie: hehe FINALLY able to use that smiley hahaha
Thanks Tamra. No problem. Nice to be here. I see the spammer!

They always amaze me...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
arawithspirit

Post by arawithspirit »

Somehow I am always getting lost here and Spirit... well, you know!

Our Book containing seven years on the road is out!

Lake San Cristobal. Reconnecting with Nature. CO

“Read your book over the weekend…absolutely touched my heart & spirit!!! It is one of those rare books that make you “feel” in all the right areas of your emotions and life…thank you for sharing your travels and life with all of us!!! I felt at every page that I was right there, seeing, hearing and smelling…"

“Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash”

Thank You Chris...

I know, cheap marketing but that is all I can do, afford rightly so.

We headed to Lake San Cristobal for a week on it's cliffs taking in the view and the lack of Internet! The camping was not free this time around but the sights are worth the $15 a night. Five nights actually.

Lake City has been in a total black out with Internet and I must say it was funny to walk the streets a bit, or sit on one of the benches watching the world go around, while hearing the tourists out loud wondering what they were “now going to do?”. Comments were as “will have to walk around”, “will have to take in the sights” and on and on.

The Editor of the local Newspaper even wrote on their Facebook page that the town's sidewalks were buzzing! A sign of the times... Life without Internet must be the worst punishment I think today's society could endure. I personally know a few that will have the shakes [true story] if their Internet goes down... SAD.

The area of course was familiar to us. It is a bit of a retreat just being and finding again ourselves before heading North one more time.

More photos and comments in our Journal. Enjoy.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal and Book

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

thanks for the update and shared it as well :hello:
---
arawithspirit

Post by arawithspirit »

tamra wrote:thanks for the update and shared it as well :hello:
Thanks Tamra. Just having a hard time getting on the Forum. I could today!

Stay well. Ara and Spirit.

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
arawithspirit

Post by arawithspirit »

Through Bear's Tooth Pass... WY/MT

We went up through Chief Joseph Hwy and set up camp on Bear's Tooth Pass with much anticipation and our heads up high. A few days later, the mosquitoes won and near by Ennis, Montana, is where we are. The problem was not while riding but the frustration at camp. Off fan, Skin so Soft, wrist band, camp fire, we have it all... Cannot use Deet.

On the banks of Madison river amazingly just a few of those non sense flying pesky intrusions. Spirit is happier, his freedom without a cry found again.

More destinations surrounds us including Gravelly Range Rd, the one I call "the road to nowhere". We are about 12 miles from town. Easy refueling and purchase of provisions.

Some day are good as these are considering we are only at 5500 feet and last night was around 45 degrees. Just the way we like it.

Just in case you order our Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash" we are not too far also from the Post Office! Hint... The reviews have been very favorable.

The skies are now clearing after much welcomed rain. It is time for some rides and more photos.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal and Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash"

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
arawithspirit

Post by arawithspirit »

Montana! Gravelly Range Road and more…

Montana's roads and spaces are always exciting times especially when weather cooperating, none above 80.

Gravelly Range Road has been on top my list of favorites for a long time now and these days has been no exception. Combined with a new camping spot by Varney Bridge, about 10 miles from Ennis, and that does it for us spending over a week with a great base camp.

The sunsets have been exceptional. The photos are in the Journal. No doubt one can understand why it is here called the "Big Skies". They are indeed huge with a feel of being enveloped by them. This summer is continuing being good to us.

In the meantime I am also trying to let our Friends [you!] know about the release of our book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash". There are no funds for marketing, so doing the best I can and spreading the word will always be a plus. I actually received an incredible comment the other day:

"Could this book surpass the reality of "Ghost Rider"? Could it be the modern updated" Travels with Charley " and" Blue Highways"? Yes on all counts. A must read. Even more than once."

Of course as everything else, it is a matter of taste!

We will be pushing Northwest next week, we have to be in Portland by the 31st while we will be traveling a while with our Editor and showing her some of this beautiful country.

Thank You always for your support throughout this Journey of ours.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal and Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash"

www.theoasisofmysoul.com
arawithspirit

Post by arawithspirit »

A bit of past and present Urbanism. Montana

Today's News? Well, they are always all over the place, one in particular disturbed me greatly. You can read about it in our Journal.

In the meantime we hovered for quite a few days within past History between Virginia City, Nevada City, Alder, Twin Bridges and as far as Dillon. Weekdays are great as the streets are deserted and the locals are eager to tell their stories. Just as it use to be in past times when Internet was not present. Those stories are the joys while being on the road throughout our very slow pace.

The roads themselves are often lined up with antiquities from those past times. Some refurbished and some, maybe while running out of money, left as it for Mother time to take her toll. They will not be around for too much longer. There are already I noticed some which have disappeared and glad a few years back I had taken some photos of such dwelling. Today is a Hotel, a restaurant and too often nothing at all. Just a piece of dirt with no signature from what was standing sometimes not so tall.

The good "holes in the walls" places to eat are luckily still around like the white Taco Bus in Dillon. Their flavors have not gone away. A good thing as even the faces looked familiar.

Slowly it is on to the West Coast, the Pacific Ocean while we will soon land in the Olympic Peninsula including Neah Bay. Hopefully I will not notice too many changes. They would be a discrepancy with our Book!

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com