New M.F. to da board!!

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
svanablak

New M.F. to da board!!

Post by svanablak »

I found out about the site on valentine's Day. That's when my wifey bought me "The Richard Pryor Show" box-set! I am forever in love wit' this man! When I was a youth (in the 70s) I worshipped this nigga! I wanted to BE him! I memorized just about all of his routines and would recite them constantly! I remember when they came to my home town to shoot "Bingo Long..." back in '74 or '75 in Savannah, GA!!! During this time, one day in my project I heard my downstairs neighbor say, "is that HIM, is that HIM?" I came outside and looked towrds the direction of these tennis courts we had in the middle of my project! And lo and behold it WAS HIM!!! Richard Pryor in MY project!!! Needless to say, I was INSANE I remember runnin' up and down my street yellin'," RICHARD PRYOR IN FRAZIER HOMES, RICHARD PRYOR IN FRAZIER HOMES!!!(Frazier Homes was the name of my project).
It was as though the whole neighborhood flocked to that tennis court to watch him and his small entourage hit balls!
And what made the whole thing legendary is that he was COOOOOOOL as shit to everbody! he shook hands, signed autographs, talk shit--the whole nine! And i took every moment in! That was a day i'll never forget!