WHY I LOVE RICHARD PRYOR

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
james x

WHY I LOVE RICHARD PRYOR

Post by james x »

The day richard died my mother called me on the phone and said: are you sitting down? after she told me and i hung up the phone, i cried like a baby. but i wasn't crying because i was sad, i was crying thanking GOD that he gave me richard pryor. rewind back to the mid 1970's... i remember listening to richard when i was like 5 or 6 years old with my brother and father. (yes, as crazy as it sounds i was listening with my father lol). i love richard for being the funniest man whoever walked the earth, but BIGGER than that, i love him for his deep love of his people, black people. when i was young i always had a desire to grow up and help my people, and i use to cry a lot as a child over our condition. richard touched the pain of our people and my personal pain and i fell in love with him because of it. the truth of his comedy touched our pain. richard is like a prophet to me. he touched me like mlk jr touched me, like farrakhan touched me, and being a young child i could discern that richard was different from the rest of the black comedians. i'm a 40 year old man now and i am well known in the city of seattle as a man that stands for righteousness. then people say how can richard be one of your role models with his drugs and women? we're taught not to look at the poor part of a person. as a child i took in the good of richard, the intelligence of richard, the genious of richard, the love he had for his people and our desire to be free, the GOD of richard, and for that i am eternally grateful. If i ever met richard pryor face to face i would have said 2 words: "THANK YOU"