Did anyone read this? It's funny as hell.

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Omari Taylor

Did anyone read this? It's funny as hell.

Post by Omari Taylor »

THE BRIDGE: Stupid Ass Cosby

"Well tell Bill I said have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up! Jell-O-puddin'-eatin' muthafucka!"

THE BRIDGE: Stupid Ass Cosby

*Bill Cosby had already infuriated a legion of thinking men and women who understood that he was all about chastising the "lower economic people," but had very little to give them as far as recommendations or solutions.

Now, he apparently wants to continue that tirade by focusing specifically on Black men.

Speaking as the keynote Spelman College's graduation, Cosby warned the throngs of young Black women graduates away from Black men, whom he claimed were in prison or otherwise unavailable.

"You have to know that it is time for you all to take charge," he said. "…because the men, most of them are in prison."

I’ve demonstrated on a number of occasions that out of nearly 40 million Blacks in America, less than one million Black men are in prison, which is nowhere near Cosby’s assertion of “most.”

But neither fact nor data have anything to do with Cosby’s rage.

As if he hadn’t injured the Black man’s image enough, he added: "It is time for you to pick up the pace and lead because the men are not there...and every one of you young women know it."

Do they really know it, Cosby?

I don’t think they do, because it simply isn’t true.

When you were “given” your doctorate, didn’t someone at least teach you the basics of research?

As opposed to dealing with some of the real reasons why there are so many Blacks in prison, this old fart acts as though they are choosing to go to prison.
We can either look at injustices and seek to correct them, or continue to point fingers at the men and women who are imprisoned, many of whom are being unfairly prosecuted.

Why isn’t his punk ass up in arms over the fact that the so-called justice system doles out more prison sentences for Blacks than whites, or that many of our young men and women have been given drug convictions for being in a place where drugs were present without their knowledge?

And, when misinterpreting statistics, why not at least mention the negative impact of the war on drugs and the “Three Strikes” laws?

The old bastard also lied when he asserted that Black men "know how to send their sperm cells out and then walk away from the responsibility of something called fatherhood."

He lied because absentee fathers are not exclusively Black by any stretch of the imagination. Nor are “most” Black men fathering children and walking away from them. And, isn’t that what he did with his illegitimate children?

Who is this donkey’s ass?

And why does he keep telling people how horrible Black people are?

I used to love “The Cos,” as he was affectionately known. His mere existence on television during a time when we weren’t really being looked at in a good light was powerful.

I loved him so much that when his son was killed, I took it personally and mourned for the family.

I loved him until I realized he didn’t love me back. And, worse, he hates many of the people I love—impoverished African Americans. He also hates me specifically because I’m a Black man.

I’m beginning to hate him back.

The reality is that this man hasn't been relevant since his eighties show. After that, he has had a series of failed movies and a new television series that no one cared about.

After twenty years of searching for relevance, he's seeking it in the arena of Black male bashing.

In all sincerity, the man is worth a billion dollars. If he is truly concerned, he could make life-changing efforts without too much trouble on his part. Without even feeling it, he could donate enough money to kick off improvement programs in ten cities, which would positively impact our community for generations to come.

As an example, take Magic Johnson and his Johnson Development Group. Not only has he placed restaurants, first-run theatres and coffee shops in the middle of impoverished Black neighborhoods across the country, creating jobs for African Americans, but through his partnership with Washington Mutual, he has also opened access to loans.

That's action, not talk.

But here's Cosby, who is all talk (negative and ignorant) and very little action.

And, since Cosby likes to talk about who today's Black man is, let's take a look at who William H. Cosby really is.

Cosby was a D-list comedian putzing around comedy clubs before hitting a lucky break with the television show “I Spy.” Following the success of that show, he released a stupid ass cartoon rife with stereotypical characters including one who couldn’t talk and one who was grossly and morbidly obese.

Once that show was over, he went right back to irrelevancy until the mid-eighties when he lucked up with The Cosby Show.

This was a show with positive, healthy images of Black people, coupled with “Different World,” which was more of the same. However, those programs ended fifteen years ago, and the man hasn’t done anything of substance since then.

For fifteen years, his career has been all about failure—failed television series, failed films and a failed attempt to purchase NBC.

He has no social programs, electing only to contribute money to fat-cat colleges, with no intrinsic action to positively impact college enrollment.

Yet, he wakes up one day to talk about how horrible we are.

While he is pointing those fingers, he should point at least one back at himself.

This is the same man who admittedly drugged women in order to molest them in his home.

This is the same man who admittedly cheated on his wife, and supported a love child who may or may not have been his own.

And, this is the same man who thought it was a good idea to do a live movie version of his horrible Seventies cartoon, complete with the negative images in living color.

So, while he is busy chastising Black men, he has become one of the worst in our community.

Bill Cosby has gone from being American’s favorite father, to an old, drunken freak who is grasping at relevance while refusing to do anything proactive.

How dare he chastise all of Black America’s poor simply because he is Black?

Shall we go and get Ben Affleck’s opinion of the poor white trash children? Shall we go and get Ben Stiller to explain why some Jewish children are failing?

Who the hell was Fat Albert’s audience?

Cosby, out of all the things you could be doing, after making the deep social commentary against “those lower economic people” is this all you could deliver? Is this what you had to do with your money?

You were never a pawn for change anyway. You never got out and made a difference and never placed your life on the line. You have never even placed yourself in harm’s way.

Bill Cosby, you are a high paid clown. You did it well and you were allowed to play a noble clown such as Heathcliffe Huxtable, but a clown nonetheless.

You are an older version of clowns like Stepinfetchit and you saw how they really felt about you when you tried to buy NBBC.

You are just a rich Nigger who is talking because you can.

Now that we know who Bill Cosby is, let’s take a look at how he really gets down.

Dr. Marc Lamont Hill is a young Hip-Hop Intellectual, and a professor at Cosby’s alma mater, Temple University. Dr. Hill is also one of Cosby’s detractors and for being such, the fat old fart called Dr. Hill’s job.

Now, he claimed that he didn’t want to get Dr. Hill in trouble, and that he only wanted to express that his own project was being undermined by Dr. Hill’s writing. But, really, if you aren’t trying to get someone in trouble, why the hell would you call their job?

He then went on a conservative radio show after Dr. Hill appeared and worked with the show’s host to belittle and berate the man, while making certain that he could not call in and defend himself.

Damn, Cos! Is that your get down?

You have sunken to a new low, and, quite frankly, that’s a bitch move.

With all of your money and power, the most you can do is talk mean empty talk and then try to crush your detractors.

Perhaps you can crush a few, but really, you can’t crush all or even most.

I’m independent and work for no one, which means that while I don’t have your riches, I, too, have power.

I have the power of the written word.

So, let’s be clear: I’m not afraid of you, Cosby. No one is afraid of you. You and your pudding pops can go straight to hell.

It appears that you have declared war on a portion of Black America, particularly that portion you believe to be without power. That’s how punks roll. Why not go after someone who can fight back?

Why not fight someone who needs to be fought?

I don’t see your old funky ass going after white media who insist on painting us in a horrible light. I don’t see you going after politicians who use us as scapegoats, plumping up Black crime stats to appear tough on crime. I don’t even see you going after the real people you think are the problem: rappers and thugs.

There are quite a few of us who don’t like what you keep saying and we won’t go away.

Why not do something revolutionary? Instead of trying to crush us, how about working with us to create programs designed to ameliorate the conditions you decry?

How about supporting some that are already in existence but need funding?

In closing, Bill, I don’t expect or really want you to take any action because I already know you won’t.

Really, all I want you to do is sit your old irrelevant ass down and shut up.

Stick a pudding pop in it.

Darryl James is an award-winning author who is now a filmmaker. His first mini-movie, “Crack,” was released in March of this year. James’ latest book, “Bridging The Black Gender Gap,” is the basis of his lectures and seminars. Previous installments of this column can now be viewed at www.bridgecolumn.com.

James can be reached at djames@theblackgendergap.com.
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/post_attach/I'm possessed!.jpg[/img]
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Did anyone read this? It's funny as hell.

Post by bingolong »

Long time no see Omari Taylor,
You know I was thinking about Cosby's situation recently.....I can't really think of anything publically he has done for the the innercity and urban black youths of this nation....except for "Fat Albert"!!!

The first few paragraghs of this article said it all he chastises instead of finding soulutions....

Okay now I remember why I was thinking about Cosby stance....there is this doc I just rented called http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0444608/ - Boys of Baraka' that I just popped into the DVD to watch about some kids who have transplanted from inner-city Baltimore to a school in Africa....anyway there is a bonus feature with Cosby on there talking about the movie, so depending on his views in this I may or may not have to reconsider my stance on Cos..... 8-o
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Omari Taylor,

this is a sensitive subject for me. blacks make up a small portion of U.S. population. so obviously there are more whites in prison.

now here's what interesting: go to ANY low-income neighboorhood in ANY state and ANY city where blacks reside and here's what you'll find:

1. drug dealers on corners, who settle their self-created wars w/violence

2. people resolving petty ass problems w/violence or yelling matches (you stepped on my shoe; what the fuck you looking at?; that bitch 'thank' she cute, I just don't like her; Imma sleep w/his girl or her man; yaddi, yaddi, yaddi) @.@ I'm thinking "my gawd how serious is this shit?, LOOK at where you are living and how! get angry about that shit."

3. check cashing places, no banks (and designed that way intentionally)

4. fried chicken places, and low quality versions of fast food places. you know how you know you're in the hood: ketchup, napkins, salt n pepper are on lock and key in restaurants! 8-o)

5. low quality food stores w/high prices. and more health problems from poor food quality.

6. liquor stores w/bullet proof glass

7. gold/jewlery stores, which are packed w/customers

8. cheap clothing stores featuring hip-hop, gangster and quick fad clothing, and owned by an asian, jewish or arab person - ask them about owner of store, they are proud to tell you. [/i]keep you dressed a certain way, easy to isolate you in crowd or from places.[/i]

9. young girls dressed like hookers trying to catch boys who typically have kids by someone else. and the cussing...even I blush 8-O

10. violent rap played loudly and repeated by toddlers. bootleg movies and other entertainment. or music so loud you can't hear yourself think.

11. high rise run down buildings w/bars, or run down homes w/bars on windows

not saying low income whites don't commit crimes and their neighboorhoods aren't similar, but their issues are more w/in the home, not on the streets day and night. and no bars on windows.

and go to any police blotter for urban areas and look at their response calls and type for urban area for any given night. every night there's a shooting or senseless killing, including a child or elderly from being in crossfire, or from intervening. Cosby can't make this shit up.

I wish I could travel urban city to urban city, take video and pics, get police data. and for most rent is free or low income priced.

then go to other neighborhoods and take pictures, footage and get police data.

then present info. the info would be eye opening.

so far I've seen 11 urban cities and I couldn't tell one from the other if not for building structures. and all 11 above and more existed consistently.

the big shocker to me is how is it that pre-Civil Rights blacks who were treated horrifically behaved w/self-respect, respected each other and their property, even if they didn't own it? they were the shit to model after even w/nothing.

when we lived in projects in late 60s, our home was always spotless, we had chores, my mom worked, we respected neighbors, and looked out for each other. but hey, my dad was in prison :lol: but he was the black sheep of the neighborhood and we kept it moving around him. but fathers were present in homes and working to keep a roof over family's head while properly raising kids w/values, esp. his daughter which he raised to "wait until marriage" before sex, and always respect herself.

those days are pretty much gone, and I couldn't tell you who's raising who these days in the hood.

all I know is, when it comes to living and day-to-day life, I want to be as far away from 1-11+ above, for my own safety and well-being. and I don't think there's a leader to get that large amount of people across a nation to change the situation, so Cosby may just be talking himself blue. but at least he cares. I don't give a care myself for my own personal reasons. I saw too much directly.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Omari Taylor,
Heres the sad thing about Cosby....he is sending mixed messages. I don't agree with what he posted above but after just watching "Boys Of Baraka" and hearing his thoughts on the movie he said somethings (or at least phrased them in away)that made sense...... b.b
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Omari Taylor,
he is or was ok for comedians but when he talks like that an went with his secretary or something like that i just quit listening to him...
Omari Taylor

Post by Omari Taylor »

Actually, I didn't write that at all. I left a link to the fellow's email address, though.
Sorry about the big photo. I have no idea how to decrease the size.
Omari
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/post_attach/Get fucked (Bush).jpg[/img]