baseball, the new sport for pussies!

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

baseball, the new sport for pussies!

Post by tamra »

but isn't that what competitive sports are about? becoming your best and competing with the best???

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living ... .play.wtnh - www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2008/0 ... .play.wtnh'

but it all worked out! the Yankees signed him, he starts tomorrow. Boston is protesting, as usual!
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: baseball, the new sport for pussies!

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
man this story is everywhere...I read it this morning....then when I saw it on the news i was like i know that kid ....and forgot it was associated with this story....they arewrong for this....those kids just suck...i used to suck too ...but i didnt tell them to put me back in the kiddie league where your coach pitches for you...i just quit my damn self..why make the other teams pitcher quit b/c i suck!? :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

:lol: same here. in morning barely a story, by afternoon on every local station.

either way, never thought I'd see team whining in baseball. kinda reminded me of Tom Hanks in League of Their Own there's no whining in baseball, man up & try to hit the damn ball :lol:

and :lol: @ your coach pitching for ya. too cute. maybe that's what the whiny ass other kids should do, then they'll shut up. but to kick the kid out?! 8-o
---
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra & bingolong

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but isn't it getting beaned by a ball that knocks the pussie out of a kid anyway? ;p

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
tamra

Post by tamra »

hellifiknow,

:lol: last I heard it should.

funny, very few parents if any around when we were kids playing ball & other games on hard ass concrete or street with kids who looked like friggin' Godzilla!

these parents who got the kid kicked out want to keep the pussie in their kids so they can grow up & run the family business, like the Bates Motel or something. :lol: & we know how Norman handled his problems: just got rid of 'em. @.@
---
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,
AS a baseball fan ,
I played hardball, at that age , for my school and the city league , after they evaluate your talent level, you still could end up playing with/against kids older than you ,
But not by much,and If they were that good so what , that's how all the kids will get better !!
So Shame on New Haven CT where this happened :(
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

yup, last I heard ALL kids, even girl leagues, played with all they had and all their heart against other teams. only thing not fair in Natl Little League Championships is older kids being passed off as younger kids to win.

definitely shame on New Haven for this! it's teaching kids to whine instead of taking on challenge, & quit for all the wrong reasons. @.@

now what would be interesting is if someone did a case study on those same pussie-ass whiners to see how much self-confidence & leadership they have years from now. because playing sports builds confidence even in defeat.
---
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,
this is sad.

I remember being in awe of a couple pitchers but you still got up there and when he pitched you gritted your teeth, closed your eyes and swung your ass off just like everybody else, but those guys were too cool to bean you anyway, made em look bad if they did it.....besides that the pitcher only got one ball, hits you once and then he's out of ammo....but you still got the bat. ]:o) ;p :lol:

everybody should post a picture of their little league team, then everybody can try to guess which ugly little bastard we was. :lol:
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
tamra

Post by tamra »

hellifiknow,

:lol: a bat AND a base/home plate. remember that coach who picked up home plate & swung it becuz he was pissed. :lol:

about those pics, um... there wasn't photographic equipment in my day. we still had to draw events. ;-p my best is on The Flintstones living room wall. :)
---