The Real Deal.....Jack

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Aindiscute

Re: The Real Deal.....Jack

Post by Aindiscute »

As long as we're on this line, who didn't rip off Moms Mabley? Let give a little credit where its due!
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

Aindiscute,
YEAH! my daddy used to do Moms Mabley for me when i was a little boy. He used to drink his tea, and we'd say 'whats the matter daddy, too hot??' and he says 'no, too sweeeeet!' LOL!!! he told me it's a Moms Mabley bit but I've never heard her do it. gotta school myself. @.@
Richard_Pryor
The Man In Charge

Post by Richard_Pryor »

Aindiscute,
Absafuckinlutely! I loved the old bitch-she was someone I learned from. Richard
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

Oh Mr.P you speak of women in such a warm, positive light:lol:
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

SweetLuchia,

hahaha. fuck it, might as well... :lol:

gareth
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Visitor,
Mr. man in the kitchen. I'am a comedian, that is how I eat....people that do something to get famous, is some bullshit that's why the art is fucked up. I didn't do this to become famous I did it because this is my life and how my gift of gabb is expressed. As for Eddie Griffin, he gave me 4 speaking role on Malcolm & Eddie, as for his material you can compare his to Richards & and Paul Mooney's then you'll see who's who. I've seen and worked with the best for 17 years of my life so I'm not ranting with out facts to back it up. NOW if you have any questions I can invite you to many L.A. comedy clubs and you can see the shit for your self and understand the truth. I may be brutally honest and if it comes as if I'm a hater than cool. But I'm tired of my jokes and the jokes of others being hacked away, and being told by someone else. That's how you don't get booked cause when bookers see your tape and they heard your material before then they think your the joke theif. Thus no bookings, no money, no eat....this is how I eat and my son eats, my jokes are my portfolio so when a comic steals on any level, it hits my and everyother decent comics pocket book. Now what, brotha? ]:o(
Robbie Peron making audiences laugh since 1986...Beer making ugly people look attractive since 1786.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Robbie,

i agree totally. when it comes down to it... joke hacks are the worst. imagine this... a band comes out with a great song... and an already more known band jacks it, and makes their money off it. for an artist, who puts their life and soul into developing that joke, or whatever it is... its the kind of thing that will drive you to really hurt someone.

im sure its one of those shitty things that comes with the territory... but it doesnt change the fact that someone will get an ass whoppin from it. if someone broke into my house, and stole my shit-- i would bring them within an inch of their life... why should someone breaking into your mind hold any different?

gareth
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

Robbie,

Who said I was a brotha...brothaman? Chicks are alive and kicking on this website. Thank God for that!!!! Okay....so you're an artist. I can respect that. In fact, I celebrate you because you are actually working for your spot in the spot light. wow...that kind of shit don't happen anymore. I love the fact that you are not in this to be famous. I love it that you express yourself through comedy in genuine matter. That's how you do things...But what has really stood out about you is...you're paying your dues dude! I swear that doesn't happen too much anymore. In today's entertainment business we have too many avenues to explore to avoid struggling. Reality TV and American Idol. But then again...you said that you didn't do your shit to be famous...I wish you all the luck man because you are obviously working towards it (whether you want it or not).

As for the Eddie Griffin statement...He's given you a helping hand. More power to him but honestly...Nigga, you worked for it!!! You earned each and every time you appeared on that show. Greatness equals greatness and that does not equal Eddie Griffin. Eddie is funny as hell but when he starts to connect with himself from inside out...he'll stop pretending that he's Richard Pryor. You know what I'm saying? He's funny already...He'll be even better

Don't be mad at me...I'm just speaking my mind....

My name is Vee
undefined
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

This shit, life and getting out of bed just to face another day, is hard enough for us all...

As for ripping everyone else off it's really all been done before in some form or another. Every known word has been spoken, every expression has been worn and every human weakness, flaw and emotion has been shown before in some way or another, even if it was just by yourself in your bedroom under the covers with the lights turned out and nobody else there to witness it.

I don't watch much television besides the History Channel and the Discovery Channel myself. I do enjoy movies on the DVD player though. For instance, as for regular and popular programming I've probably only seen 15-20 episodes total of Sienfeld, the Simpsons, Friends and all of those long running series. American Idol, CSI and all of those shows... I really have no clue. And the list goes on.

I also never, ever listen to the radio, not even in my car, so I'm totally out-of-touch, for the most part, with who's who and what's currently the shit so even if I did a bit that sounded like or was close to something someone else had done last week on a show or two months prior at a club in New Orleans I'd have no clue that I was "stealing" material from them.

Comedy it about living life and the human experience and one shouldn't need to point out that there are currently around 6 billion of us world-wide living that life, not to mention the several billions before us, and going through a lot of the same feelings, experiences and emotions while doing so. You'd have better odds at winning the Mega Millions jackpot, which are like 1 in 134,000,000, or some outlandish number like that, twice in a row than you would of not doing something similar or close to what someone else has done or tried before. It's all in the delivery is where it sets you a part from the others. Also, comedy needs to be somewhat familiar to everyone else or how else could an audience relate to it or even find it remotely funny or moving to them?

It sounds like Robbie has been working his ass off and putting in his dues and we all have our opinions to share with each other and I'm postive that everyone on this board and beyond has taken their lumps and put in their time and dues in this life in some way or another so lets just remember that were all on this same sinking ship together.

As for being famous... No thanks. I could use the money, couldn't we all, but I can do without the fame and becoming something less than a human being to everyone else in the process...

Remember, even if it was just you and one other person left on the face of the planet and you had an opinion to share but that other person didn't agree with it you'd still have 50% of the population who disagrees with you.

Doodah... doodah...

Inkblot
Inkblot

Post by Inkblot »

By the way... I am logged in but it still showed the post above as 'Visitor'. Maybe it's a timing issue from the point you click the reply button to actually getting done with what you have to say?

Inkblot