Really? Who finds Jerry Seinfield's stand up funny?

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
smjmcomic

Really? Who finds Jerry Seinfield's stand up funny?

Post by smjmcomic »

If you ask me I think Seinfeld is the most overrated comic working today. His stand up is not funny at all. I know what you are thinking "Yeah Shawn but he's show was great" Well I have news for you the only reason that show was good was cuz a writter by the name of Larry David was the head writter Jarry just showed up read his lines and jumped back in his porsche and that was that. What's yer take on our ole'pal Jerry?
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
Hicks4000

Re: Really? Who finds Jerry Seinfield's stand up funny?

Post by Hicks4000 »

smjmcomic,

I agree. totally. he bores me.
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

smjmcomic,

no way, guys! he's the bomb! the king of 'did you ever notice'
smjmcomic

Post by smjmcomic »

cbreez0101,

Oh yeah big time
:p
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
NickFlanagan

Post by NickFlanagan »

smjmcomic, even though he's not my favourite comic in the world,I think Seinfeld probably had enough to do with the show
that bore his name to have earned some credit for its radness.
I must admit, I bought a copy of Seinlanguage at a garage sale and some of it was funny...and I actually liked his material in that movie Comedian. I don't think he's the greatest, but I think that Jerry Seinfeld has his place in the annals of comedy. The only problem is I don't know what 'annals' means.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

NickFlanagan,
LOL-over the annals thing-that's funny dude!!
:lol:
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

cbreez0101,

Ummm.....NOT ME!!!! As I was listening to something of his, I was thinking today how much he makes me cringe everytime I hear him. He's the king of hack! And not funny.
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

jane_haze,

Jerry Seinfeld a hack? Oh NO honey! I admit he's a FAR cry from the comedian Mr. Pryor is but he certainly isn't a hack by any means. Seinfeld achieved levels in the comedy industry that 99% of comics can ONLY dream of. You don't reach those levels by being a hack. You reach them by busting your ass, staying focused and working extremely hard.
I must say tho I totally enjoy watching you 19 and 20 year olds put your feet in your mouth:lol: When you grow up and look back at all the times you spoke without thought, you'll understand why :lol:
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

SweetLuchia,

I still say that he sux and "what is up with..." ahhh!!! I cannot stand that. He can be a hack with a good work ethic. That would be the difference. My theory, as of yet, is if one bust his ass, as it were, and stick to whatever (this case stand up) with the energy of a benny addict (borrowing from Jack Keruoac), he can get some acclaim. The masses have no taste. If they did, Survivor, Big Brother, Dating Shows, and the Majority of reality tv would not be popular.

Why do I know the names of Bil Dwyer and Dat Phan if work ethic and perservering were not part of it? Granted, these guys will never reach Jerry Seinfeld level (God willing). Networking and hard work will get you to a decent level of success in any career...that's just the way the world works. I'm 19, but I've seen a little bit more of the workings of the world than most people my age.

Jane :)
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
MisterTee

Post by MisterTee »

Yeah, I agree with jane. I'm 32 and bristle at Jerry Seinfield's "Did you ever notice..." material and that voice. I've seen five or six epsiodes of Seinfield and his show was funny; because of the characters (except Jerry) and the writing. But what I have seen of his act, it's sorely lacking. Same with Drew Carey; subpar act, great show.

Sienfeld's best work was in 'Pulp Fiction' when he burst through the bathroom door with the gun and tried to shoot
Jules and Vincent. Great dramatic acting.

Other comedians who annoy me: Howie Mandel and Bobcat (though Bobcat had some good material) and Paulie Shore.
Why was that guy famous? Yeah I know everyone in the business loves Paulie and his mom Mitzhi Shore is a legend who many owe their careers to, but Paulie isn't his mama and being a great guy doesn't make you talented.