Jim Mendrinos is a Class Act!

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
SweetLuchia

Jim Mendrinos is a Class Act!

Post by SweetLuchia »

[Font size=5 face=v color=blue]To any comedians who ever get the opportunity to work with Jim Mendrinos, TAKE IT!!! He is by far, one of the nicest guys in the business & he truly LOVES anything or anyone even remotely related to Comedy[/font] ):)

[Font size=4 face=v color=yellow]I feel extremely BLESSED to have met him. He was very instrumental in making "In The Spirit of Bill" {a charity event I created that raises money for the Bill Hicks Wildlife Foundation while honoring his memory via a tribute show} a reality! I'll always be grateful for that!

I sincerely hope after I have as many years in this business as he does that I'll be just as cool to work with and just as respected by my fellow comedians.
[/font]

Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
SweetLuchia

Re: Jim Mendrinos is a Class Act!

Post by SweetLuchia »

Wow I dunno how this got so far down but I wanted to mention too that I met Jim Mendrinos because of this web-site :)

He's been a huge fan for many, many years. He's analyzed "Freebase" from [/i]Live on Sunset Strip[/i] numerous times trying to figure out how Mr. Pryor took a subject SO painful and made it SO funny 8-o Of course, he never could find the "answer" but he's still, as any good comedian, fascinated by Mr. P's GENIUS

In closing, it's hard to go wrong when you meet a comic from this website b/c we all have something very SPECIAL in common...a true love & admiration for TMIC ):)
Luchia,

mojones

Post by mojones »

SweetLuchia,

Yes, Jim is a class act and so are you. I haven't met either of you. But I have read Mendrinos' book and his love for RP's comedy clearly shines through. And you're just a sweetheart...

P.S. I am not hitting on anybody. Sure, Mendrinos is cute but he's not my type..
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

mojones,
:lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

astonamous,

:lol: :lol: ;)
Luchia,

SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

mojones,

Thank you for your kind compliment. I try :)

I'm happy to hear you read Jim's book. Are you a comedian too?

I only ask b/c a lot of writers buy his book too. I actually went ot one of his book signings in Manhattan and I think there were just as many writers as comedians..maybe even more so. Of course every comedian is a writer but not all comedy writers are comedians.
Luchia,

mojones

Post by mojones »

SweetLuchia,

Well I've been paid to do stand up, but I'm too superstitious to call myself a comedian. That's a guaranteed jinx right there. :lol: I read Mendrinos because I can only benefit from his experience. You're right about him. He is a class act...
Jim Mendrinos

Post by Jim Mendrinos »

SweetLuchia,

Aw shucks, I stray from the board for a while, I come back and Luchia's saying nice stuff about me. You guys shoulda seen her at the benifit -- she was so nervous but so good. She raised money and awareness!

Just to keep you guys up on the full circle of life, I toured with Hicks and Kinison in the 80's, ingesting more controled substances than should be allowed, and 20 years later I'm developing kids shows for Nick!

Funny how like goes!

Jim
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

Jim Mendrinos,

Oh yes I was nervous! First & foremost b/c I didn't want to let the Hicks Family, Bill's fans & especially the Bill Hicks Foundation For Wildlife down. And secondly b/c it was my very first production in New York Fucking City 8-o 8-O

I'm surprised I didn't piss myself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was so surreal b/c I just rolled into NYC & there I was, 8 months later, producing a show in an A Room in Times Square 8-O

[Font size=6 face=t color=red]WTF?!?![/font] that kinda shit NEVER happens to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Luchia,

bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Jim Mendrinos,
Wasup man!!

SweetLuchia,
Keep up the good work!! B-)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!