offbeat movies

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
SweetLuchia

Re: offbeat movies

Post by SweetLuchia »

NickFlanagan,

Hey I can see your concern and you're right no one will play Mr. Pryor like Mr. Pryor but I think we can all agree that Samuel L. would give everything he absolutely has for the performance ;)
Like Mr. Pryor, when it comes to his craft, it's never done half ass.

On to a less serious note, I've never seen this movie True Stories but I like John Goodman maybe I'll check it out. Who else is in it?
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~
sahnja

Post by sahnja »

SweetLuchia,

Okay, True Stories is from 1986 and directed by David Byrne - lead singer for The Talking Heads. You'll definitely recognize some of the songs and maybe an excert as the music video.

Some other people in it are David Byrne, Swoosie Kurtz, Pops Staples ... mostly some unknown people. It's very odd, great music. Just so you get some flavor, the front of the DVD says, "A completely cool, multi-purpose movie."
Angie
sahnja

Post by sahnja »

rsmayton,

I actually liked North too. Not enough to see it twice though. ;)
Angie
sahnja

Post by sahnja »

NickFlanagan,

I swear, your stuff is always beyond what I know. I did like the Pee-Wee stuff and Reservoir Dogs but the ear scene is a little much for me. Although I'm not saying it shouldn't be there - just that I have to hide my face! And the guy who played the ear cutter - god, can't remember his name - he's a great actor. So gentle in some of his other stuff. Isn't he in Kill Bill 2?
Angie
SweetLuchia

Post by SweetLuchia »

sahnja,

Thanks for the info on "True Stories"! I'll most certainly check it out and you check out something of Samuel L Jackson's ok? ;)

Maybe I'm bias since I'm such a huge fan of Samuel's but I think he's one of THE best actors of all time. Seriously! If there were a 100 Greatest Actors list, like the 100 Greatest Comic's list, I'd be willing to bet some of my very hard earned money that Samuel L. would be on it B-)
Luchia,

~As long as there's laughter, there's HOPE~