what the VPrez needs while travelling

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

what the VPrez needs while travelling

Post by tamra »

@.@ and I noticed it doesn't mention a heart.

but figures he'd like the room cool. kind of like satan always looking for AC and cool temps!

Web site details Cheney's hotel comforts: 68 degrees, Diet Sprite
Leaked papers reportedly list vice president's room requirements

Thursday, March 23, 2006; Posted: 6:44 p.m. EST (23:44 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- When he travels, Vice President Dick Cheney wants his hotel suites at 68 degrees, a document published Thursday by "The Smoking Gun" Web site stipulates.

He also wants fresh-brewed, decaffeinated coffee, four to six bottles of water and four cans of caffeine-free Diet Sprite, according to the list of requests, which is titled "Vice Presidential Downtime Requirements."

"The requirements [in the document] are consistent with the guidelines relayed by the advance office to the volunteers to the field," a spokesperson with the vice president's office told CNN. (Read the documentexternal link)

He also asks that the TV be tuned to Fox News, "The Smoking Gun" reported. And he likes the suite equipped with extra lamps, with all the lights turned on, as well as copies of the local newspaper, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal and USA Today.

If Cheney's wife, Lynne, is traveling with him, the room is also to be stocked with 2 bottles of sparkling water -- either Calistoga or Perrier -- according to the document.

Finally, the document says, "If the hotel would like to put a gift in the suite, please let the advance office know ASAP. Please also make sure someone from the team or a Super Volunteer (on radio) is there to receive the motorcade on arrival."

"The vice president doesn't solicit gifts; he doesn't accept gifts from hotels," the Cheney spokesperson said. "The vice president's advance team takes proactive steps with the hotel to ensure no gifts are given to the vice president during a visit."

According to the Web site, the document was prepared by the vice president's advance team and provided to a hotel employee who gave it to the Smoking Gun.

"The vice president maintains an active schedule which requires regular travel throughout the United States and at times that involves a hotel stay," said Jennifer Mayfield, a spokeswoman for Cheney. "There are certainly guidelines prepared for our volunteers assisting on the ground."

Mayfield said she could not confirm the authenticity of the document.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tamra

Re: what the VPrez needs while travelling

Post by tamra »

deepseas,

but how much comfort do you need to create chaos?? ]:o)
---
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

I saw this on CNN yesterday... I thought it was bit much that all the TV's must be set to FOX News, yeah right. I'm sure they are ordering movies nightly I'm not judging him.
I would like to order a movie every time I'm in a hotel, but 16 bucks for "MILFS and Thugs" is a bit much... especially if I can't pause it and come back to it later.

I wonder if he requests a gun rack for the limo?
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
tamra

Post by tamra »

deepseas,

why does he have to live in an exclusive area? ]:o( why can't he just get a room at a hospital and call it a day. save us time and money on helicopter transportation! ]:o(

and he can video conference himself to meetings from the hospital.

personally, I think all this extravagant spending should be stopped until each displaced resident from the Katrina storm is back in their home. these people are doing hard time and are tax paying citizens while being called "refugees".

"refugee" means "one who flees in search of refuge, as in times of war, political oppression, or religious persecution", and is a term applied to people WHO ARE GIVEN THINGS to compensate for something they are lacking. @.@ they had HOMES and are NOW being politically OPPRESSED while settling wherever they can. they're not being given "refuge" into homes, but are kicked around like garbage no one wants.

Katrina victims are being dicked daily while Cheney-Dick is riding around in helicopters going from one place to another just wreaking havoc, and requesting special comforts while people in and out of New Orleans are living in dire and desperate conditions as a result of blocking levee funding to hop in bed w/some lobbyist over some bullshit!

wherever Cheney-dick travels, they need to stuff two or three Katrina displaced families into his suite and see what his complaints or requests are then. @.@
---
tamra

Post by tamra »

and I see Cheney-Dick is still travelling comfortably w/no worries. this is pretty sad given what's happening w/Katrina victims who have lost everything, and are now losing hope. ]:o(
---