Newbie here

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
sidewalkgod

Re: Newbie here

Post by sidewalkgod »

Netta,
The scene from Stir Crazy is the shit! I love the one where Richard has to find the word to make the bull mad! But trying to find a fave Richard and Gene scene is like trying to pick a fave thousand dollar bill!
sidewalkgod

Post by sidewalkgod »

MamaJanis,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Richard! I know what you mean by the whole " not worthy " feeling! I feel bad you not getting a toaster so I will give you mine, but as stated before it's been lodged up in my badness. Other than that it's like new......
Welcome!
cire

Post by cire »

sidewalkgod and mamajanis,
yeah you folks missed out. Plus all the toasters came with a complimentary pet roach to keep the bottom clean. I named mine sylvan. Welcome to Pryor's Place.
Janis, is that a self portrait you did in your avatar?
"And the Prayer is...How Long, will this shit go on?"
cire

Post by cire »

For all you folks that've only seen some of Pryor's movies, or a concert film or two, ya need to go ahead and back up and listen to the albums to see the full spectrum of his genius. A lot of our generation is used to just seeing concert films, and don't really give comedy albums any play. The majority of Pryor's material is audio, and there's a lot of it.

Is this a "And It's Deep Too" box set commercial?
:lol: Yeah, so go out and get it! Matter of fact, don't go nowhere...just get it here at RichardPryor.com in the shop section.
"And the Prayer is...How Long, will this shit go on?"
MamaJanis

Post by MamaJanis »

cire,

Yup, it's a self-portrait, a heavily cropped version of it, lol. Still don't know where the actual drawing went off too.

Pardon, off to hose down my toaster. I think being lodged in sidewalkgod's "badness" killed the cockroach. He not movin...

Oh well, I'll just put the cat in it. ]:o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are ghosts in my sinuses.
sidewalkgod

Post by sidewalkgod »

MamaJanis,
Can we please have a moment of silence for our dear friend the cockroach........My deepest regret is that I didn't get to know him better before he finally gave in to the unholy realm that is known as my badness. The toaster will have to be strong and try and move on, but in the long run....can any of us really do that? It just gives me peace knowing that the toaster has a home with MamaJanis and will be loved and cared for in it's time of loss.
sidewalkgod

Post by sidewalkgod »

sidewalkgod,
And I think you forgot the cat......Well, the toaster is fond of pussy so I believe that MamaJanis is doing the right thing by giving the toaster the pussy it needs in these terrible times. Sidewalkgod bless you.
MamaJanis

Post by MamaJanis »

sidewalkgod,

Laugh so hard I nearly choked on air....yee, I know, I not polite to choke on it. ;) :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sidewalkgod

Post by sidewalkgod »

MamaJanis,
What kind of a person laughs during these sad times? I woman that " chokes on it... " How has this nation dwindled into a place that we can giggle when we have dead roaches and pussy loving toasters? Are we that cruel and hardened? I would like to think not.....So please give the support to the deceased and throw some pussy the toasters way when it misses the roaches multi-legged embrace.
" not polite to choke on it " ? That's how I always thought that was how a woman says I love you..... 8-O
MamaJanis

Post by MamaJanis »

sidewalkgod,
A moment of silence for dead cockroaches, pussy-loving toasters, and women who choke on it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~