Robert Townsend

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
amp-d

Re: Robert Townsend

Post by amp-d »

LKizzle,
Robert Townsend was damn good. He was funny and smart. Here is some trivia I heard that Eddie Murphy beat out Robert Townsend to be the "black guy" on SNL. Townsend was one of the finest.

Hollywood Shuffle and Five Heartbeats were classics.

The Partners in Crime were classics. I remember him doing a Shakespeare in the hood. Also all of the skits the Bold the Black the Beautiful(Dexter Wiggles I believe was David Allen Greir), also he would have comics up there like Franklyn Ajaye, Robin Harris etc. It was a great show I think they did 2 or 3.

:lol: :lol:
Dracula, what kind of name is that for a niggah!

Richard Pryor-GOAT
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

amp-d,
The Partners in Crime specails used to be eents in my household back in the day!!! :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
amp-d

Post by amp-d »

amp-d,
Yeah it was definitely a big event back home also.
Dracula, what kind of name is that for a niggah!

Richard Pryor-GOAT
Charles Jones

Post by Charles Jones »

The Five Heartbeats is a classic movie & i can watch it over & over again. I got it on videotape. Robert Townsend is funny to me. I saw a independent straight to video movie he did that came out last year called Black Listed. He plays a vigilante in the movie who is tired of young blacks destroying their communities & killin each other so he kills the drug dealers & killers since the police won't do anything. The movie had a pretty good cast such as Victoria Rowell, Harry Lennix who was in The Five Heartbeats as Dresser, Vanessa Williams who played on Soul Food tv show. Robert is gonna be bringin a new black tv network to the air soon. I forgot the name of the station but i saw this on rap group Public Enemy's website.