Appalled at American Idol

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
MisterTee

Re: Appalled at American Idol

Post by MisterTee »

lucas ks1075,

Biters? What are they gonna do, write original material for everyone for every show?

And what's with this 'conspiracy theory' talk about THEM wanting to eliminate all the black folks from American Idol? If THEY do that, the show won't be a hit anymore. Can you see 'AI' without Ruebens and Fantasias and only John Stevens and Diana DeGarmos? ugh.
lucas ks1075

Post by lucas ks1075 »

MisterTee,
I am just sayin' if you are going to call your self american idol you should write your own music and sing. The term Idol means you better be bigger than life, not sit up there on stage and sing someone else's song. That is like someone stealing someone else's act. What happen to creativity.
MisterTee

Post by MisterTee »

lucas ks1075,

The original music comes AFTER the show. writing new songs costs money and takes time, y'know. It took Tamyra Gray 2 years to release her shit..finally.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

lucas ks1075,
I am somewhat neutral on this topic, I understand what you are saying but they are still making a weekly TV show and the time that it would take to produce a new song on a weekly basis for each contestant is not possible,plus they are banking on the familiarity of these "standards" that the contestants perform every week.
Besides I don't really think the people over AI want original shit (look at all the people they have kicked to the curb thus far!!!,)They want contestants they can have a hold over so they can make money of the image they helped build.... b.b
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

bingolong,
Okay,I'm sorry, I was rambling up there in that post....... b.b

Anyway forget about American Idol,I've just found it's replacement....... "The WB's Superstar USA"!!
Just watch it and you'll see what I'm talking about!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

bingolong,

Yeah I caught the WB show...pure hilarity. On a side note, Tone Loc always sounds like he's bout to die at any moment. How do you have a natural tracheotomy? Also is it just me being too sensitive or is William Hung's celebrity a product of a gross racist stereotype?(Oh and forget Fantasia and Diana, Latoya should have won and we all know it)

Post by MisterTee »

Anditsdeeptoo,

NO! Fantasia! I am a Tasia-Fan! (Ok, you can flame me for that!)
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

MisterTee,

I got love for Fantasia, I just think Latoya was far and away the best on the show. I think we all can agree this round of talent was sub par compared to the past tho.

Post by MisterTee »

Anditsdeeptoo,

Oh hells no! you had Latoya, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff and the one girl from Hawaii (the first one who got voted off awhile back) That's five above par.

In season one you only had Tamyra and Kelly and Season two, you only had Clay and Rueben who were above par.

And talent is being more than able to sing Latoya was kinda bland and boring, fantasia is different.

Uh, maybe I went on a little too long about this...heh, how about them Lakers?
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

MisterTee,

Yeah, personally I wanted to see George's bouncin ass to pull through. Please don't mention the Lakers, tonight was tough. To be honest tho, I'm pulling hard for the Pistons (went to high school with Chauncey Billups)