JAMIE FOXX on NBC (Conspiracy?)

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

JAMIE FOXX on NBC (Conspiracy?)

Post by bingolong »

Just got this email:

Please take the time to forward the below message to everyone in your
address book. NBC is not doing any marketing and publicity on Jamie's Music
Special on NBC because he stood his ground and wouldn't have any white
guests as they requested. [January 25] To make it even worse he had two
controversial guest stars that do not fit the "NBC profile" on his show.
Tune in to find out who they are. They are purposely putting his show up
against the second week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail. This
will give them the excuse to never give another black person a music special
because "it doesn't work." Let's show them that it does work, and that we
support each other.

It will be a good show.

Jamie Foxx making history on NBC. This is the first time NBC has ever aired
an entire young urban African American cast on a music special. We need to
show support. This was not an easy sell for Jamie and he stood his ground
to make it happen the way he saw fit.

JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL WILL BROADCAST

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25TH @ 8:00PM PST on NBC.

PLEASE MAKE IT A POINT WATCH!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: JAMIE FOXX on NBC (Conspiracy?)

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

I've seen the ads a few times. in fact wouldn't have known about the show if not for a few repeat ads just yesterday. and there's nothing really on Tuesday (ok except The Shield-FX), Wednesday, & Friday (except Bernie Mac-FOX) or Saturday that really holds my interest. so the network should really be focusing on that. just glad the George Lopez show is coming back to Wednesdays (ABC).

but that's odd, maybe Jamie wanted to have specific guests for a reason? while the network was picking their own guests for their promotional/contract benefit and then things came to a head?

strange things happen on a Hollywood casting couch or behind closed money doors.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
Yeah this has made me curious as to what is really going on....got some more opinion but will save it after I get more feedback
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

yeah because it wouldn't surprise me to find out NBC, which really hasn't been "ethnically" friendly in years is trying to cash in on Jamie's success by promoting other stuff not doing well through Jamie's show.

hell I'm still pissed about Whoopi's show being cancelled! @.@ so not really 1 reason for me to watch NBC. can you believe I've never watched one episode of Friends EVER, even in syndication? probably one of a few who hasn't.

but amazing how people who don't know anything about someone will try to ride their ass to "their" top. and this could be the situation w/Jamie's show because that's the bottom line: money and make more of it by using anyone to do it, instead of letting Jamie do his thing w/his show.
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
True that on Jamie and Whoopi....it took me a few years to start watching Friends....and that was only b/c I was in Germany and all that was all people I was visiting had....
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

deepseas,
I got a feeling this thing is gonna come in at No. 1 in the Nielsens. I'll be watching.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

deepseas,tamra,doug,

I see him repping Rich with that T -Shirt he was just rockin.......DATS WASUP!!
B-)
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

for those on the west coast, the Jamie Foxx show is pretty good.

as well as the George Lopez show tonight. dang I hate it when too much is on at once and you can only tape 1 and watch the other. because I love the American Idol audition shows they're hilarious. but I had to make a choice between 2. :)
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
Knowing now that they they are ging to show the Jamie Foxx again his week (I think they said that at the end)I would have went with Lopez and Idol...but the buzz by how hard this email hot the net did it for me.... Damned NBC propaganda!!! :lol:
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

I got that Jamie Foxx email 3 times from 3 different people who don't know each other and in different areas of the country, which is living proof there's power behind email if the right messages are forwarded.

oh I still saw Lopez, I went back and forth between it and Idol during the Jamie Foxx commercials and repeat singing.

Lopez was hella funny w/him taking an economics class. I liked the note passing in class. :lol:
---