SPecial Grammy Awards...

The latest from THE Richard Pryor... news, events, collector's items and more!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

SPecial Grammy Awards...

Post by Jennifer »

Accepted on Richard's behalf last night...very exciting...great company, Jessye Norman-Merle Haggard, Robert Johnson...David Bowie... we rocked the house...
watch tonite as Queen Latifah...gives Richard a huge shout!!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: SPecial Grammy Awards...

Post by bingolong »

Jennifer,
Yes Just saw it!!!!!!! They timed it well!!Thanks to you and Trudy for the heads up!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Jennifer,

I was glad I saw the RP tribute, but wished your acceptance had been aired. it should have been. the whole show was awesome. esp. that New Orleans jam session at the end.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

Jennifer,
Legends they all are... the king does need a court.
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

Jennifer,

Excellent! I loved "Richard told the truth even when it hurt" by Queen Latifah...Congragulations. B-) ):)

The picture of you in Trudys post is great but I wish we could have seen and heard it.
"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
Momof5

Post by Momof5 »

Jennifer,

Magical. Much love to you...

You're an angel of a woman. He was a hell of a man..

Perfect match I must say..
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Momof5,
I was very pleased that Richard was honored...but very disappointed in the way Latifah "read" from the telepromoter with absolutely no feeling!!! What the fuck!!!???
I ran into Dave Chappelle and Chris Tucker backstage, and Tucker asked me, "why didn't they have a comic doing the tribute?"
My answer: "Because I wasn't producing..."
The previous night was real and passionate and full of feeling...quite real and fun and they should have run some of the tape from the night before...Robert JOhnson's family was all there at the Tuesday evening ceremony and they were all so moved and grateful and happy to finally have the Blues Legend recognized...only took em 70 fuckin years!
When I accepted RIchard's award...I spoke of Richard as my treasure and a national treasure...and how, even when he messed up, he was living in truth! Pain into comedy...and when I told him of this award...he said..."bout fuckin time"!
I wish he could have been there...but I felt him on my shoulder! My ending: the photo of me with my arms outstretched is me yelling his name...RICHARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Momof5

Post by Momof5 »

Jennifer,

I must say your still one hot momma, from one hot momma to another...

as for Latifa...Other than her music, she hasn't written anything in a comedic sense in her own words.. they may have just needed her..They should have let you chose though. Can I ask..Does he have a star? He fuckin should..

I must say. That even though it sounds as if you have a whirlwind life. You did what many women wouldn't and that is stick by your man, kept your head high, Kept the truth alive, Memories alive and the love alive. You share your heart with the fans and animals in need. I admire you..I had a pretty shitty life, but I still live and love..Richard brought me smiles in my miserable childhood. Any movie I see I sense his soul in it. can't really say that about many people. sorry for blabberin. But not often one gets to talk to a Majesty... Take care..
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Jennifer,
Hey somebody just told me they saw you doing an interview also sometime during the awards that was taped from the night before and they said you looked HOT!!! (it was a woman who said it by the way)I am with Richard :
"bout time" B-)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

astonamous,
Good comment!!!
And btw, love all the sweeeeeeeeet comments bout me representin'!! xxxxxxxxxxx