ATM gives you extra money, and suddenly you are supposed to be a bank cop

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

ATM gives you extra money, and suddenly you are supposed to be a bank cop

Post by tamra »

isn't this negligence on the bank's part to protect their own equipment? and nice security: unplug it 8-o but someone can simply plug it back in. I'd sue the bank if someone came knocking on my door asking for the $$ back! @.@ there was no intent to steal or defraud the bank, and I'd play dumb: "didn't know I had the extra $$, didn't count it, or threw $$ in purse with rest of my dough" @.@ and ain't a damn thing they could do about it.

[Font size=3 face=g color=Green]updated 3 hours, 25 minutes ago

Overgenerous ATM hands out an extra $7,000

* ATM at Louisiana truckstop dispenses $20 bills instead of $5 bills
* Authorities nix free money, say extra cash must be repaid
* 26 people got extra money from the machine; officials know who they are

MANSFIELD, Louisiana (AP) -- An ATM at a northwest Louisiana truck stop gave out $20 bills instead of $5 bills, but authorities say they know who used it and plan to pursue the extra $7,000 the machine spit out.

DeSoto Parish sheriff's Lt. Toni Morris said the automated teller machine has records identifying the 26 people who received the extra cash during five days in late June and early July.

Annette Parker, a supervisor at Eagle's Truck Stop, said she unplugged the machine after overhearing conversations about the excess payments.

"The next morning when we had come back in, someone had plugged it back up," she said.

Morris said someone who did not work at the truck stop may have rigged the machine, which keeps records of when money is received and whose card is used.

Morris said charges could be brought against the people who got more money than was debited to their bank accounts.[/font]
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/28/genero ... pstoryview - cnn.com'
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Visitor

Re: ATM gives you extra money, and suddenly you are supposed to be a bank cop

Post by Visitor »

astonamous,

I know that's what I was thinking, when you don't get your money, you practically have to submit a blood sample to prove who you are and there is sooooo much procedure over missing 1 $20 from rest of ATM w/drawal @.@

so I'm with you on fuck 'em, find my black ass and I'll see what I can do :lol: