Richard on the radio...August 20th, 2007

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Visitor

Richard on the radio...August 20th, 2007

Post by Visitor »

Hello all!

I'm an American living abroad in Finland due to marriage (9 years now). I've been a fan of Richard for quite along time (almost 24 out of my 30 years now). Of course, it's been mainly through his television and film career but my first "real" introduction came by the time I was 6. My aunt had an extensive LP collection and I was allowed to browse through it and play what I wanted so long as I didn't break anything. For some reason, she was baking and that's when I came across Richard's "...Is It Something I Said?" I KNEW by looking at it that it was something to plug the headphones in to hear. B-) And I laughed :D and got shocked 8-O 8-o and I was never the same again. I listened to that album on the sly for many years until I was a teenager. Roughly in the fall of 2005, I became interested in Richard beyond film and TV so I snagged his "...And It's Deep, Too!" WB/Rhino collection and since then I've been slowly trying to find more material of his (a hard feat with a child who's soon 3 now and an unGODly work schedule) and learn more through his brand of truthful insights to the eternal comedy that is mankind.

That being said, I've decided on what may possibly be a first : Richard on the radio....UNCENSORED! b.b

I work for a radio station (volunteer) and my show will broadcast PRISON PLAY from his debut album on the COMEDY CORNER segment. Now, unless someone local gets REAL upset and complains directly to the station, they won't force me to edit ANYthing. ]:o) For this, I'm grateful because I'd rather broadcast things WITHOUT interrupting or censoring. I've already tested the waters with Robin Williams ALCOHOL from his LIVE AT THE MET album and to this date have not received one complaint. ;)

Ahhhh...what time is it on? Well, here you go;

August 20th, 2007 - 12pm (NOON) Eastern time in the USA (please subtract 1 hour for each time zone over towards the west coast)

ReRuns: August 25th, 2007 - 8am Eastern time in the USA (please subtract 1 hour for each time zone over towards the west coast)

August 27th, 2007 - 6am Eastern time in the USA (please subtract 1 hour for each time zone over towards the west coast)

But wait! Why would you get time listings for the show if you don't live in Finland?!? :( Take a listen via the live stream on the net!

http://www.oifm.fi/kuuntele

Now, my show IS in English, but depending on the time you tune in you may hear some Finnish (i.e. before the show starts OR during an ad break which will take place at the half hour mark). Do wait this out. From time to time they may run overtime or even start a few moments early (the crazy world of radio keeps us guessing).

Any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this (or anything else concerning my show) can be sent to:

101culture AT gmail.com

There are 3 songs before Richard's PRISON PLAY. I'll first introduce Richard WITHOUT saying his name until the very end (I like a good reveal, kinda like those old Paul Harvey ...REST OF THE STORY stories). I kept it as basic as I could but I'll admit I didn't touch on even 1/100th of what I could have. I mention richardpryor.com once PRISON PLAY ends so that any of those interested in learning more about Richard can come here to the source aka Jennifer ):) and learn more than I can basically spew out in 4 minutes.

IF anyone out there wants to hear the show but lives somewhere else other than the USA, here's a place to help you:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

Just enter the time I've given and then chose USA- NEW YORK- NEW YORK for the location and you'll soon know the time you should hear it. ):)

Kind Regards,

J.H. , Host of CULTURAL HORIZONS on OiFM
http://www.oifm.fi