Obama's pastor...

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Obama's pastor...

Post by Murphdogg »

straight shootin'cowboy or pork avoiding racist?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Obama's pastor...

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

I never heard of the guy until all the media hoopla. I usually avoid churches and listening to "leaders". plus I like to get in and get right out of church, not make it an all morning event! a sistah has ample sinning to do and need my time. :)

but anywhoooo...what Wright said about Hillary having it easy campaigning because she's white was ridiculous and wrong. she's also a woman in a man's world, and a man's world that hasn't changed since the 1700s. she's also under so much scrutiny, if not as much as Obama. she's also trailing Obama, so how the hell does that define easy because she had a long road ahead of her until this guy just started preaching for fame and power instead of sticking to properly knowing scripture. @.@

butttt.... on the flip side, he's as much entitled to his opinion as Pat Roberts and the other televangelist who recently died and was just as controversial. top ten signs you're not a good minister: you end up on a hate crime site:
http://www.hatecrime.org/subpages/hates ... tson.html - www.hatecrime.org/subpages/hatespeech/robertson.html '

however, the same media now running that Obama info over and over to scare the lemmings, LOOK to Roberts and looked to the other dead guy to see who they were going to endorse before they made a move. @.@

hypocrisy...the theme of the REDs
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Murphdogg,
He probably thought he was straight shooting but he should basically shut up
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, good sweet lorda..can someone find me a religious leader who doesn't have hate their mission statement?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

Mother Theresa, Dr. Martin L. King Jr., Ghandi... and we killed them!!! :lol: Mother Theresa could have lived another 100 years, but she just gave up on us. dang! ;p
---
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

Murphdogg,
Well I think Obama rocked that speach today ,
And when he mentioned his grandmother, he had a strong point ,

I wish he had said something like
" Al Queida is trying to kill us all regardless of what color we are Americans ...."

But He definatly hit that one in the upper deck !

B-) B-)
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Before seeing this I wasnt sure but I now honestly believe we are seeing history being made....

I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

bcddjjsc690,
He also mentions your neck of the woods at the end of this ;)

http://www.bronzevillemetropolis.com/in ... iteid=1444 - Read it here'
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

I walked out of house just before that speech was aired. BIG MISTAKE!!! because everyone was talking about it, it was the equivalent of the "I Have A Dream Speech" which is what my aunt said. but most of it is online now. so cool.

one thing that stands out which was a big mistake by Obama's pastor: President Bill Clinton was the ONLY prez to apologize for slavery and Jim Crow. Clinton was also mocked for it, by the same folks running the Obama pastor video. so it's shocking that Wright would have an issue with Hillary because he damn sure should have remembered that apology.

now....about my 40 acres and a mule.... ;p
---
tamra

Post by tamra »

this jackass Michael Gerson
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/op ... erson.html - Gerson bio'

blasted Obama's speech. but has no fucking time to pin-point which members of Capitol Hill are linked to the Ku Klux Klan or Jim Crow - here's a hint, start with Trent Lott!

I'm guessing he was a member of Elizabeth's VIP wedding guest list

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... newsletter - the washingtonpost.com article'

and he's a speech writer for Bush.

strange, he had a heart attack, survived, but STILL didn't learn anything! @.@
---