My Choice for a Hero,(class assignment not yet proof read)

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Steve1979

My Choice for a Hero,(class assignment not yet proof read)

Post by Steve1979 »

Steven Boyd
Humanities
March 2, 2005
An Easy Choice
What is a Hero?
A hero is a person who endures through pain and suffering and comes out of it helping others. A hero is someone who improves life regardless of the pain, accepts sacrifice and paves the way for those coming up behind them. A hero makes the turmoil of everyday existing a little easier.
Who is Richard Pryor?
His real name is Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor III. He was born December 1, 1940 in Peoria Illinois. He wasn’t a fireman, never earned a degree and his only military experience was two years, 1958-1960, spent with the Army. Even then Pryor was dishonorably discharged, ironically, for fighting. He grew up in brothels run by his grandmother and at eight years old he was molested by a neighbor. Richard Pryor never ran into a burning building or a frozen river to save somebody. Due to his drug abuse Pryor needed saving more than most. In 1977 he suffered from a heart attack most likely brought on by abuse of cocaine. Three years later in an attempt to take his own life Pryor doused himself in cognac and in a drug induced stupor lit himself on fire.
Why is Richard Pryor a hero?
With the life he led some people would be hard pressed to put Richard Pryor on their list of candidates for HERO. But it is what Pryor did with his troubles, bringing them out on stage to make us laugh, that made him my first choice for hero. To those who would doubt me and want to chastise Pryor for his lifestyle I have this challenge: Go on stage in front of hundreds of people with nothing but a microphone. Now reach inside and pull out the deepest darkest demons, these must be demons and not secrets because Pryor never stopped at just secrets he exposed his demons. Now here is the kicker when the demons are out there for the world to see you must make the world laugh. Richard did it and no one has done it since.
Reuben1

Re: My Choice for a Hero,(class assignment not yet proof read)

Post by Reuben1 »

Steve1979,
I really liked your assignment. Its enlightening to know that its not just firemen and policemen and doctors who people see as heroes (even tho they can be) but normal people who share things in a way that makes people laugh and can laugh at themselves as well.
Steve1979

Post by Steve1979 »

Richard_Pryor,
I really want to thank you for reading my post. I put a lot of heart into it and to think of actually being able to contact you means alot.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Steve1979,yeah if you don't get a A after that, punch your teacher in the throat
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

astonamous,
lesson learned .. don't dip your cookies in milk !

{especially that low fat shit! } B-) :lol: :lol:
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
mojones

Post by mojones »

Steve1979,

I'm with the consensus here. I love it.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

mojones,
http://www.richardpryor.com/forums/msgs ... 38&forum=6 - Awman it's alright........' ;p
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Hope yall get the joke
;p
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

dumbass,

10 minutes to think about posting it? Shit it took me .10 seconds to fall on the floor laughing you demented sumbitch :lol: