JAMIE FOXX on NBC (Conspiracy?)

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: JAMIE FOXX on NBC (Conspiracy?)

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
I will catch Lopez that episode in the reruns...but they never rerun those Idols.....
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

did you see the one last night when he told dude he looked like The Incredible Hulk's wife, which HE DID!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I was laughing at that one all day today. people were calling me and I just started laughing. even when outside smiling trying to hold it when I saw someone similar looking. probably thought I had lost it.

Simon is a fool. he just don't give a damn.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
I missed it ...and these are the best episodes of the season to me:(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

deepseas,
I missed the Stevie part (damn) but it was a really good show. I haven't seen entertainment like that from a person of color on a major network in a LOOONG time so to see Jamie doing his thing was very refreshing. You could tell he was still feeling his way around being a musical performer, but like you said, if he could do that every week...I think he would be the next big thing on network TV and they could use it right now. Especially lily-white NBC. How did that happen anyway? This is the same network that gave us "The Cosby Show" & "A Different World". I think it may have been a marketing trick on NBC's part also to get people to tune in because maybe the NBC brass had the last minute jitters. I don't even think there even was a conspiracy. They know how popular hip hop and R&B is now and Jamie's album has been burning up the charts. What white person were they gonna schedule? Clay Aiken? :lol:
When is it re-airing? I gotta get this one on tape.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

deepseasdoug,
I voted but you guys have brought up some good points
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

deepseas,
Yeah, it's the Superbowl party they're having. I'm gonna try to go see something during Superbowl weekend. This sounds like a show I would enjoy. Is Jamie campaigning to play Marvin Gaye in his biopic? Because that's how he was looking last night performing. This guy can transform facial expressions and last night he looked very much like Marvin. And now he's in a Motown Revue? Hmmm.... Stay Tuned.
The one thing that was really sweet was he was representing Mr. P with his T-shirt also. Very cool!
An artist who
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

deepseas,
Yeah, it was right after the performance with Snoop. He was wearing jacket over it and you couldn't see it until he took off the jacket at the end.
An artist who
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

deepseas,

I thought the email issue was over white guests performing with Jamie. those guests the network would definitely want to promote through Jamie.

who knows, maybe it will become a variety show.

you know what I caught last year, a Flip Wilson show on TV-Land. that show was better than some of the stuff we have on TV now. maybe it's time to make Jamie's show a regular thing.

but a much needed shout out to Bebe Drake. sistah girl is still doing her thing. ):)

bingolong,
I did see Jamie rocking the t-shirt. would have been nice for all the performers to have stepped out w/one on, but just glad it was visible. ):)

Jamie is definitely not above paying homage to those who made it possible for him.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamradoug,deepseas,all,
Yeah my whole thinking on this topic has changed alot since reading everybody's observations...I don't know.... at first I thought it was black propaganda and NBC..hence my vote

deepseas,
thanks for checking me out!! B-)
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

deepseas,
Yeah I think it meant as in entertainment and not in the audience b/c the crowd was pretty diverse,but the entertainment was all black.
Actually I wouldn't have made that distinction if it had not been for the email I posted up there.It was good regardless...